tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco Sport... now waiting...
I just spent $100 dollars to fill up my tank... this is DISGUSTING!!!!! I am genuinely repulsed. :thumbsdown:

I just googled "hybrid bronco sport" in desperation LOL... I was dreaming of being able to buy a Bronco Badlands or Bronco Sport Badlands that is hybrid sooner rather than later.

I guess I can keep dreaming because it's not happening anytime soon? šŸ˜“ I don't understand why!?
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Itā€™s hard to sell electric cars or hybrids as long as gasoline is cheap right !
Well give it time and you may be begging for $5 to $6 per gallon.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
I expect within 2 years we'll have. hybrid bronco sport to compete with the hybrid Rav4, and a Hybrid big Bronco to compete with the Wrangler Hybrid, but there's no point launching them until they get their supply chain under control. The Maverick, and F-150's are enough strain on it.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hopefully we see some relief at the pump come November.
Doubtful. 535 jackasses in one city have very little bearing on global markets.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Doubtful. 535 jackasses in one city have very little bearing on global markets.
Not to get too off-topic, but this article is informative. "If you are the owner of an oil refinery, then crude is trading happily just a little above $110 a barrel ā€” expensive, but not extortionate. If you arenā€™t an oil baron [purchasing refined products], I have bad news: it's as if oil is trading somewhere between $150 and $275 a barrel."

I think a Bronco Sport hybrid is a no-brainer, hopefully with AWD. I wonder how the trims will shakeout once the hybrid is introduced. Keep the 1.5L? Drop the 2.0L? Or will there be 1.5L, 2.0L, and hybrid?

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
First 250ish miles on my Badlands reads 27.5 mpg. I'm satisfied so far.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Not to get too off-topic, but this article is informative. "If you are the owner of an oil refinery, then crude is trading happily just a little above $110 a barrel ā€” expensive, but not extortionate. If you arenā€™t an oil baron [purchasing refined products], I have bad news: it's as if oil is trading somewhere between $150 and $275 a barrel."

I think a Bronco Sport hybrid is a no-brainer, hopefully with AWD. I wonder how the trims will shakeout once the hybrid is introduced. Keep the 1.5L? Drop the 2.0L? Or will there be 1.5L, 2.0L, and hybrid?
I'd guess it would be more inline with the 1.5/Big Bend trim. That seems to be the most common version on dealer lots, just a guess but seems to be an ideal direction. Anyone looking for a hybrid LIKELY isn't looking for a rugged off-road beast.
I know there is a collection of cake eaters who want lux interior with every bell and whistle Ford has ever created, auto lift gates, 360+, 47 different color pallette options, premium max sound audio, hybrid engine that can also scale a vertical cliff face...while managing 80 miles per gallon for just under $20,000...unrealistic.

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I guess I can keep dreaming because it's not happening anytime soon? šŸ˜“ I don't understand why!?
It's called a Maverick and they're harder to get than Bronco Sports which are nearly impossible. If they had to put a lithium powerplant in on top of everything else, then no Broncos would get built.

Hopefully we see some relief at the pump come November.
It's an election year so, yes, in October most likely. Just in time to switch to winter blend and get the shittier gas mileage from it. The prices are a farce and will never drop back down where they should be or were though. Consumers just aren't truly fed up yet. If they were, they'd quit travelling, quit doing extraneous errands and generally quit spending. I went to Walmart a few weeks ago on our first "hot" (it's relative) day of the year. There were dozens of cars idling with the a/c on so someone could sit and scroll the phone screen while someone else shopped. A lot of gas complaints are met with "well, we're still paying less than Europe". People just aren't properly fed up with the legalized gouging that's going on. The media is already bored with the war, the pandemic, the inflation, the virus and the baby formula. Must be time for one of the Kartrashians to date someone new and become the new lead story.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It's an election year so, yes, in October most likely. Just in time to switch to winter blend and get the shittier gas mileage from it. The prices are a farce and will never drop back down where they should be or were though. Consumers just aren't truly fed up yet. If they were, they'd quit travelling, quit doing extraneous errands and generally quit spending. I went to Walmart a few weeks ago on our first "hot" (it's relative) day of the year. There were dozens of cars idling with the a/c on so someone could sit and scroll the phone screen while someone else shopped. A lot of gas complaints are met with "well, we're still paying less than Europe". People just aren't properly fed up with the legalized gouging that's going on. The media is already bored with the war, the pandemic, the inflation, the virus and the baby formula. Must be time for one of the Kartrashians to date someone new and become the new lead story.
Let it all out, Brother; bottling all that up isn't good for you!
Sponsored