HowTo disconnect Park Release cable from transmission ?

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I got the dreaded rattle and creek sounds from the driver side in front of the dash and I want to disconnect the Park Release Cable to test if that is what’s causing it.
I can’t just pop it off with my hand….Is there a trick to getting the connector off the metal Christmas tree like push connector in the middle ?

Ford Bronco Sport HowTo disconnect Park Release cable from transmission ? 00672706-EA3B-4E43-BC99-AAF5C2003B5D
Sponsored

ninjanic

Outer Banks
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I got the dreaded rattle and creek sounds from the driver side in front of the dash and I want to disconnect the Park Release Cable to test if that is what’s causing it.
I can’t just pop it off with my hand….Is there a trick to getting the connector off the metal Christmas tree like push connector in the middle ?

Ford Bronco Sport HowTo disconnect Park Release cable from transmission ? 00672706-EA3B-4E43-BC99-AAF5C2003B5D
It comes off with just using your hand, it takes a little force though, I thought the same when I disconnected mine.

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It comes off with just using your hand, it takes a little force though, I thought the same when I disconnected mine.
ok i just got it off... i left the cable bolted to the transmission but i zip tied that white connector up out of the way. Time to drive it and see a hopeful difference in noise

mine is a 2022 but still makes that sound like ppl say with the 2021

did you have the clicking and creeking noises from that park release cable too?>

what i don't get is ho does that cable cause all that noise when its not even moving back and forth?

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
ok so there is a bit less noise but i still get that flutter sound when i hold at 36 km/hr any ideas?
Sponsored