How to order a 2022?

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Sorry for the naive question. How do I order a 2022 BL when the 2022s are not listed on Ford’s online order entry screen? There are some differences between the 2021 and 2022 so how to order 2022 specific options? Ford dealer said to order it online. Appreciate any tips on the process. Thanks.
Sponsored

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500 LTZ Z71 crew cab
I went on ford.com built my BS BL I added all the options I wanted to it, sent it to my dealership. They called me the next day and said that the 21‘s were all done (even though that’s what Ford has on their website)… So they ordered me a 22. Same everything although that $2035 premium package does not include a moonroof even though I saw several places where it said it did ? so my BS BL with the premium package and the moon roof came to $38, 235 MSRP incl the ridiculous $1475 destination fee.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Sorry for the naive question. How do I order a 2022 BL when the 2022s are not listed on Ford’s online order entry screen? There are some differences between the 2021 and 2022 so how to order 2022 specific options? Ford dealer said to order it online. Appreciate any tips on the process. Thanks.
Agree with everyone. Print out the 2022 order guide BL section, etc. (I attached another copy here..Badlands starts on page 11) Take it to the dealer with everything highlighted or checked that you want. Tell them to skip the webpage and take it directly to their manager to enter into the system. Have them come back and show you the “PREVIEW ORDER” to double check that it is all correct. Once your do that have them enter it into their order system to FMC.

**VERY IMPORTANT: Then REQUIRE that they give you a “Retail Buyers Order & Invoice” completely filled out and signed by the manager. This is your agreement with them on the options and costs. This can be binding. It can prevent a later market add on to the price, etc. Tell them that everything should be on that Order and Invocie, including any dealer add ons they plan on doing (those weird things like etching or undercoating, etc) so that you can discuss them beforehand and avoid a surprise price increase.

***Finally, about a day or so after the order is in and accepted by Ford Motor Company ask the dealer to give you a copy of the “DORA”. The DORA is basically the confirmation of the order from Ford to your dealer and it lists all the options with retail costs that Ford has confirmed for your BS. It is sent electronically from Ford Motor Company to your dealer.

Attachments

OP
OP
Jubaea1

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I went on ford.com built my BS BL I added all the options I wanted to it, sent it to my dealership. They called me the next day and said that the 21‘s were all done (even though that’s what Ford has on their website)… So they ordered me a 22. Same everything although that $2035 premium package does not include a moonroof even though I saw several places where it said it did ? so my BS BL with the premium package and the moon roof came to $38, 235 MSRP incl the ridiculous $1475 destination fee.
Thank you for your response. It gives me hope!

OP
OP
Jubaea1

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
OP
OP
Jubaea1

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
^ This is the best approach until Ford updates the online build & price. Be prepared to walk the dealer through the process as some are naive to ordering 2022s.
Thanks for the advice. I am not sure about my local dealer…will be interesting!

OP
OP
Jubaea1

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Agree with everyone. Print out the 2022 order guide BL section, etc. (I attached another copy here..Badlands starts on page 11) Take it to the dealer with everything highlighted or checked that you want. Tell them to skip the webpage and take it directly to their manager to enter into the system. Have them come back and show you the “PREVIEW ORDER” to double check that it is all correct. Once your do that have them enter it into their order system to FMC.

**VERY IMPORTANT: Then REQUIRE that they give you a “Retail Buyers Order & Invoice” completely filled out and signed by the manager. This is your agreement with them on the options and costs. This can be binding. It can prevent a later market add on to the price, etc. Tell them that everything should be on that Order and Invocie, including any dealer add ons they plan on doing (those weird things like etching or undercoating, etc) so that you can discuss them beforehand and avoid a surprise price increase.

***Finally, about a day or so after the order is in and accepted by Ford Motor Company ask the dealer to give you a copy of the “DORA”. The DORA is basically the confirmation of the order from Ford to your dealer and it lists all the options with retail costs that Ford has confirmed for your BS. It is sent electronically from Ford Motor Company to your dealer.
Wow. Thank you for all this inside scoop! I will print everything out and start the process tonight! Excellent advice! Many thanks!

OP
OP
Jubaea1

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
BL order placed on Oct 28. No news from Ford yet on status or VIN.
Sponsored