How is the stock radio in the Outer Banks edition?

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I ordered outerbanks with outerbanks w/o moonroof. Once I take delivery, I'll let you know what my wife thinks as she cares more about that than I do.
I tried to do that. None of the dealers around here were interested in pursuing that sale.
Sponsored

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I fully intend to replace the speakers on my Badlands once it arrives, hopefully in May. Though, I prefer going this route then getting upgraded speaker packages from the manufacturer. I feel like I can get much better sound for much less money by installing aftermarket speakers.

Reactions: SLJ

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
excape said:
I tried to do that. None of the dealers around here were interested in pursuing that sale.
seriously? My dealer said, whatever combionation in the orderguide is allowed, we can do. however that was on 3/31.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
seriously? My dealer said, whatever combionation in the orderguide is allowed, we can do. however that was on 3/31.
They acknowledged they could do it via the guide, but evidently were not too motivated. One salesman even told me and my wife that "he only makes about $500 on a Sport sale", so he didn't really spend the time when he had other inventory on the lot to move.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
They acknowledged they could do it via the guide, but evidently were not too motivated. One salesman even told me and my wife that "he only makes about $500 on a Sport sale", so he didn't really spend the time when he had other inventory on the lot to move.
Wow, that's really discouraging. My sales guy bent over backwards to be helpful.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I think that's when you just talk directly to the sales manager and tell him to make the order happen.

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a BS badlands with the standard system. The sound is good to me. There is a setting on the settings page that sets up the Staging with the sound quality prioritized for the driver or for all occupants. I have it setup for the driver, it made a big difference, the other setting is a little echoey.

Powerz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have a BS badlands with the standard system. The sound is good to me. There is a setting on the settings page that sets up the Staging with the sound quality prioritized for the driver or for all occupants. I have it setup for the driver, it made a big difference, the other setting is a little echoey.
I have the base, and that's what I did but moved it on the fade/echo car chart right to where the console is in the middle and it cleared it up pretty well

OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I fully intend to replace the speakers on my Badlands once it arrives, hopefully in May. Though, I prefer going this route then getting upgraded speaker packages from the manufacturer. I feel like I can get much better sound for much less money by installing aftermarket speakers.
I thought about this also. However, newer autos are no where as easy to replace the speakers as in the old old days. I worry about rattles after you take doors and dashes apart to install new speakers. I remember having a Pathfinder with stock speakers. Looked into replacing six speakers and adding a small sub. Still talking a $1000 or so ( including installation).

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
One youtube review i watched said the stock speakers are basically pure garbage.

I took home my Badlands without the B&O system a couple weeks ago, and now I can honestly say that the speakers are actually not that bad. Fairly good clarity and sound stage, but I haven't really cranked them yet. I still plan to put some aftermarket speakers in there just because I enjoy that kind of thing, but really the stock speakers are not offensive at all. Maybe it's because I'm coming from a Subaru, and their stock speakers are known to be just plain terrible.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have the stock radio in a badlands, it plays music, I can hear it, my phone works. If I want a concert...I go to a concert. I don't need a base or sub I can feel in my chest, I don't need to pretend Beyonce' is in the passenger seat...it's not on my must haves in an off-road capable vehicle. I get people want what they want...it's a affordable compact off-roader, with hints and intentions of being rugged and capable. Buy a Cadillac escalade if you want luxury.

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have the stock radio in my BL, and it’s fine especially since Sirius and mp3s have such poor sound quality anyway.

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
I have the stock radio in a badlands, it plays music, I can hear it, my phone works. If I want a concert...I go to a concert. I don't need a base or sub I can feel in my chest, I don't need to pretend Beyonce' is in the passenger seat...it's not on my must haves in an off-road capable vehicle. I get people want what they want...it's a affordable compact off-roader, with hints and intentions of being rugged and capable. Buy a Cadillac escalade if you want luxury.
Or if you want an affordable compact off-roader with a pretty good sound system buy a BS with the premium sound or upgrade on your own.

bronco bill

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Most of above is probably right, but I haven't yet needed to get mine up load enough to distort. I will probably find it flaws soon, but for 90% of my use it sounds great.
I had a 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat with the 10 speaker system and to me the standard speakers in the Bronco sound better I listen to old rock.

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have only been in a Outer Banks with the upgraded radio. How is the sound with the standard radio. Tough to find a BS with the upgraded radio other than the one I drove but did not have the 360 + option, so that not an option for me.

Thanks
Hi,
I have the standard radio and it's fine. I didn't have a choice so it is what it is.
Sponsored