Gas Gauge?!??

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Sorry I missed this inquiry! They did not. I asked a couple times, but never heard back. Now that I've gone through a few fuel tanks since I got it back though, I've noticed something curious. This new fuel tank is definitely bigger. Perhaps the original fuel tank was the wrong size, maybe...or damaged with a dent that prevented it from filling all the way? Totally just guessing at this point, but this new fuel tank definitely holds more fuel.
We can chalk this one up to the "Bronco Sport Unsolved Mysteries" file.... Happy to hear that, whatever the cause, you're back in business.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So whenever I get down to 50 miles, my gas gauge light obviously comes on, but then my meter goes STRAIGHT to empty and the screen literally goes down 1 mile every 1-2 seconds. So basically once the light comes on, itā€™s saying I have like 2 minutes max to get to a gas station. And then yesterday it happened to me at 70 miles. ?!?! The Ford I bought it from ā€˜canā€™t seem to figure it outā€™ and keep stalling. And also wonā€™t give me a rental car which is another story. Does anyone else have this issue and does the way my Ford is handling it seem right?? My theory is itā€™s something with the microchip and they donā€™t want to tell me that since itā€™ll be months and months before that can get fixed. Any thoughts??
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!