johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I have been driving sport mode all the time and seems like in the lower speeds (<=45mph) the BS is restricted to run up to 4th or 5th gear...Itā€™s always 45mph @3000rpm @4th or 5th gear.
Anyone else notice this? Does anyone know what the shifting points are for the BS goat modes? Thanks

Ford Bronco Sport G.O.A.T Mode Shifting points 1DB26EDA-B040-46C3-BA6A-D74B6473B660
Sponsored

Bigridge83

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport,ā€™18 Ford Fiesta,ā€™92 Ford Explorer
I have scoured the workshop manual for any mention of the GOAT mode selector and have come up with nothing. The only thing mentioned is the sport button in the center of the gear selector knob. It gives no indication of a set gear shift schedule with sport mode, only the PCM/TCM will determine the optimal gears for the best performance. So I imagine that the goat modes are just a bunch of parameters added by the engineers to the PCM/TCM to change certain functions (accelerator responsiveness, traction control, etc) according to the mode selected. Long story short, weā€™ll probably never know what you are wanting to know haha

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I have scoured the workshop manual for any mention of the GOAT mode selector and have come up with nothing. The only thing mentioned is the sport button in the center of the gear selector knob. It gives no indication of a set gear shift schedule with sport mode, only the PCM/TCM will determine the optimal gears for the best performance. So I imagine that the goat modes are just a bunch of parameters added by the engineers to the PCM/TCM to change certain functions (accelerator responsiveness, traction control, etc) according to the mode selected. Long story short, weā€™ll probably never know what you are wanting to know haha
Thanks for checking :) youre right, i think depending on how heavy you press the accelerator eveything varies and weā€™ll never know the shift points. I tried testing the 0-60 in 8.5sec i saw from another thread and i think i c ame close to that (video). Note that i didnt floor it ( dont want bronco to cry just yet hehe)

Bigridge83

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport,ā€™18 Ford Fiesta,ā€™92 Ford Explorer
Thanks for checking :) youre right, i think depending on how heavy you press the accelerator eveything varies and weā€™ll never know the shift points. I tried testing the 0-60 in 8.5sec i saw from another thread and i think i c ame close to that (video). Note that i didnt floor it ( dont want bronco to cry just yet hehe)

lol ours just turned 1000 miles and I have putted around in it during the break in period (im sure my wife hasnā€™t though). Iā€™m gonna put it in sport and shower down on it and see what the little 3 banger is made of!

Ceccacci316

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco sport
I have been driving sport mode all the time and seems like in the lower speeds (<=45mph) the BS is restricted to run up to 4th or 5th gear...Itā€™s always 45mph @3000rpm @4th or 5th gear.
Anyone else notice this? Does anyone know what the shifting points are for the BS goat modes? Thanks

Ford Bronco Sport G.O.A.T Mode Shifting points 1DB26EDA-B040-46C3-BA6A-D74B6473B660
I just noticed this while driving in sport mode while driving in downtown detroit yesterday. I think as like it was stuck and not down shifting. Exact same thing. It didnā€™t seem right to me. Today, while driving around I ran in eco mode. All the low speed shift points worked as I would expect.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's keeping it around 3k RPM so you have max torque as soon as you want it.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
In my experience and this car, Sport mode in most cars will keep the rpm high, to be in the optimum gear. Eventually it will shift into the higher gear if it doesn't detect any more driver acceleration. Not sure about this car , but other cars' sport mode will detect if the car is in lateral (going into and exiting a corner) and keep it in that optimum gear like a manual.

Does the 3 banger inject exhaust tones into the speakers like the badlands when it is in sport mode?

jershells

Big Bend
First Name
Jeryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes I have noticed that in Sport mode that my Bronco seems to stick at 4000rpms and seems to have problems shifting to the next gear.
wondering if there is a computer update that will help this issue?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Put it in sport, take it up to 75 or 80 mph. It will shift into the 1st overdrive.
But you may not get into 8th gear in sport.
Throttle mapping.
Sponsored