JCornford

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My BS Big Bend arrives at the dealer tomorrow, I’d like a couple of accessories straight away, but should I go through Ford, or after market?

Rubber floor mats to replace the carpet ones.
Tow hitch for bikes.
Internal bike rack.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My BS Big Bend arrives at the dealer tomorrow, I’d like a couple of accessories straight away, but should I go through Ford, or after market?

Tow hitch for bikes.
Internal bike rack.
Floor mats- the Ford Bronco specific mats are absolute fit and look great. I'd go with those unless you can't or find others cheaper.
Tow Hitch- the factory installed hitch is set up with Tow plus management/sway control...not sure if this is what you were asking
Internal bike rack- if you haul one bike it might be worth it, I've seen comments fitting two full adult bikes is difficult. I bought a cheaper four bike hitch mount, so far so good. The Thule/Ford options are pretty nice.

You have 42,000 Ford Pass points if you signed up for the app. It might take a bite out of some of those options.

OP
OP

JCornford

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I saw the Bronco mats and they looked good.

The hitch will just be used for a bike rack, it sounds like the internal rack might not be worth it then, or at least not straight away.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

The hitch will just be used for a bike rack, it sounds like the internal rack might not be worth it then, or at least not straight away.
I guess take a look at one if possible. Or if anyone here has it, I'd say they'd know better. I considered adding one, but others made it seem sketchy. I typically ride alone, both my bikes are 26" old schools, they will fit, I have a board I put quick-release attachments on, but the hitch rack for me, is just easier honestly.

D-Man

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Honda S2000
As long as you can foot the bill, without reservation I can recommend 1UP USA bike racks… I have one of theirs and they put out a high quality product that is durable and easy to use.
1UP-USA

The factory Bronco Sport rubber mats are great! I wish the back seat floor mat was one piece but the fit for all the mats are great.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I have the Ford mats. As other have said, they fit great. A hitch was a requirement for me. We have a small rv, a couple of trailers and bike racks. Since we already have bike racks, I didn't bother even looking at the internal rack when I ordered. Now having seen it, it kinda looks like a pain to use. I get the bikes are safer, but.... Less room in the back for gear with the internal rack. My 2 cents fwiw.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands

My issues were with the Badlands. The fact that the full-size spare tire and special rear drivetrain lift the cargo floor a little higher than most trims. So maybe 2 bikes in the back might work for you. If it doesn't fit as it should just return the parts to the dealer.

OP
OP

JCornford

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I picked it up and it already had the mats included :) and it sounds like the Ford hitch is heavily delayed at the moment.

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,

Tow hitch for bikes.
Internal bike rack.

Tow hitch for bikes.
Internal bike rack.
JCornford…I have an internal bike rack for the Bronco sport. It came with my Bronco Sport but I did not want it. I paid $280 but will sell for $120 which is about half of what they sell for out of assessories brochure. Let me know if interested. I live just north of Columbus in Sunbury.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
The Thule/Ford options are pretty nice.
MSRP on those is lower at Ford then at Thule dealers

Ford dealer parts sales reps can give discounts if you ask. Mine gave me $50 off a Thule bike rack and $47 off a replacement bumper(getting a lift so I don’t bust my bumper again)
Sponsored