Rick Ford

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The anticipated purchase of any new vehicle represents an investment most do not take lightly. After ordering a vehicle, the excitement builds and the possibility to track your order creates even more excitement. However, the excitement can turn to constant disappointment when the tracking site is not user friendly and the site is often down. It is compounded when the posted information is not up to date and you begin to feel like a number instead of a loyal customer. I think the majority of customers want to stay informed with reliable updates, regardless of content, and feel like a part of the process, not an outsider looking in. Sound familiar?
Sponsored

loewymartin

Badlands
First Name
MBMartin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree - I do customer experience for a living and have mentally crafted a few emails to Ford about this experience so far.

They don't follow through on the site: while they have the initial portal, they don't update the information in a timely manner (even if the information changes, they aren't updating that and closing the loop which is important to the consumer). So for those of us in this chip hold limbo, we have been In Production status for weeks and yet nothing has changed. So we have an estimated delivery date that we know isn't accurate, but no updated information from Ford - just the bottom has fallen out. So the initial excitement has turned to bitterness and disappointment and will turn to anger if they continue with cars on the line and leave our cars to languish in a rot lot without doing anything to them. It may actually be faster for me to cancel my order and put in another order then to sit and wait for them to replace a single chip in my car all because they assigned me a VIN at the outset for me to track a car.

There is a right way to do this entire experience, but we haven't quite hit on it yet :( I understand there are exceptions, but Ford needs to be able to handle those exceptions and communicate with their end customer if they are going to create a portal for communications. Follow through is important as is a closed loop process.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I think this whole setup will need to be well nailed down if the news stories this last year that Ford wants to move to a build to order model are true. It’s a great way to do it, this will be my 2nd car I’ve done this way, and I think it’s much more efficient & optimal all round. But. Yes, there has to be accurate timely information provided back to the consumer. Texts to my dealership sales guy don’t do much, not that there’s much to report yet. My expectation is I’m able to log in & track my car order no different than my amazon order nowadays. I think if Ford could actually execute that & deliver build to order cars, they’d have a huge competitive advantage. I’m fortunate I can be patient & wait. Some people need to plan around the order lead time, doing without a car or finding alternatives while they wait.

OP
OP
Rick Ford

Rick Ford

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree - I do customer experience for a living and have mentally crafted a few emails to Ford about this experience so far.

They don't follow through on the site: while they have the initial portal, they don't update the information in a timely manner (even if the information changes, they aren't updating that and closing the loop which is important to the consumer). So for those of us in this chip hold limbo, we have been In Production status for weeks and yet nothing has changed. So we have an estimated delivery date that we know isn't accurate, but no updated information from Ford - just the bottom has fallen out. So the initial excitement has turned to bitterness and disappointment and will turn to anger if they continue with cars on the line and leave our cars to languish in a rot lot without doing anything to them. It may actually be faster for me to cancel my order and put in another order then to sit and wait for them to replace a single chip in my car all because they assigned me a VIN at the outset for me to track a car.

There is a right way to do this entire experience, but we haven't quite hit on it yet :( I understand there are exceptions, but Ford needs to be able to handle those exceptions and communicate with their end customer if they are going to create a portal for communications. Follow through is important as is a closed loop process.
Well said and thanks for the input.

OP
OP
Rick Ford

Rick Ford

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this whole setup will need to be well nailed down if the news stories this last year that Ford wants to move to a build to order model are true. It’s a great way to do it, this will be my 2nd car I’ve done this way, and I think it’s much more efficient & optimal all round. But. Yes, there has to be accurate timely information provided back to the consumer. Texts to my dealership sales guy don’t do much, not that there’s much to report yet. My expectation is I’m able to log in & track my car order no different than my amazon order nowadays. I think if Ford could actually execute that & deliver build to order cars, they’d have a huge competitive advantage. I’m fortunate I can be patient & wait. Some people need to plan around the order lead time, doing without a car or finding alternatives while they wait.
You make some very good points.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I think this whole setup will need to be well nailed down if the news stories this last year that Ford wants to move to a build to order model are true.
Agreed. The other big issue is with pricing and the dealerships. It's ridiculous how buyers have to be on-guard against unscrupulous dealers that will snatch retail orders to sell on the lot for $$$ above MSRP. And then Ford might raise prices between when you order and take delivery. So even if I could track my order from start to finish in exacting detail, it'd be for nothing if I received a final bill thousands of dollars higher than expected.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Agreed. The other big issue is with pricing and the dealerships. It's ridiculous how buyers have to be on-guard against unscrupulous dealers that will snatch retail orders to sell on the lot for $$$ above MSRP. And then Ford might raise prices between when you order and take delivery. So even if I could track my order from start to finish in exacting detail, it'd be for nothing if I received a final bill thousands of dollars higher than expected.
Agree. That is where Tesla did it right. When they first created their order online model dealers who refused to follow their direction for receipt and delivery, they got rid of those dealers At the start. What else do you buy where they can change the price like that? Not even a house.

If Ford wants to move forward what they need is the following:

Website that not only tracks but allows you to see the visibility report without calling the dealer. Get rid of the damn pizza tracker. The report is not some uber super secret thing and any website can whittle to where you only see your report. Gee whiz you can get your medical records directly nowadays.

Once shipped, provide the rail phone number for tracking your car and same with trucker

Once at the dealer allow you to go there and inspect car and if acceptable finish everything finance wise without some stupid finance guy spending 3 hours trying to upsell you on things. HAve a kiosk there or a all you can use. Just make the site have check boxes with those options that you can take or leave.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes, very true too. Few could take the uncertainty around pricing that some have had to deal with around here thanks to their dealers. & the funny thing is, these issues aren’t a part of current chip & supply chain challenges. Even if things were rolling along smoothly with materials & components, the customer facing side of the business really needs some things worked out to make it successful. Customers would still want to know the final price & have that guaranteed, even if dealers no longer had the pricing power to ask far above MSRP.

OP
OP
Rick Ford

Rick Ford

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still "In Production" since 12/14/2021, even though the Vehicle Visibilty Report states "Produced". Our ETA is 01/21/2022 but I will be very surprised if that is accurate, based our tracking issues to date!

Welcome
Your 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands™ is "In Production".
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Tracking Site(s) {filename}

In Production
Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page.
Ford Accessories
  • Order Confirmed 09/17/2021, Step 1 of 5 , Completed
    Order Confirmed
    09/17/2021
  • In Production 12/14/2021, Step 2 of 5 , In Progress
    In Production
    12/14/2021
  • Built Step 3 of 5
    Built
  • Shipped Step 4 of 5
    Shipped
  • Delivery TBD, Step 5 of 5
    Delivery
    TBD

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Still "In Production" since 12/14/2021, even though the Vehicle Visibilty Report states "Produced". Our ETA is 01/21/2022 but I will be very surprised if that is accurate, based our tracking issues to date!

Welcome
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Tracking Site(s) {filename}

In Production
Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page.
Ford Accessories
    Order Confirmed
    09/17/2021
    In Production
    12/14/2021
  • Built Step 3 of 5
    Built
  • Shipped Step 4 of 5
    Shipped
    Delivery
    TBD
I think you will be Jan 15

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
When I just logged onto the tracking page to check on my BS/BL status, the "shipped" message remains posted there (car due to arrive here in CT next week) but, although my window sticker was available for several weeks after 11/29, it now says, "The sticker has not yet been released." ???!!!

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta

Welcome
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Tracking Site(s) A2CFA17D-55DE-4D0C-8164-FD85AD7F273D

In Production
Ford Accessories
    Order Confirmed
    09/17/2021
    In Production
    12/14/2021
  • Built Step 3 of 5
    Built
  • Shipped Step 4 of 5
    Shipped
    Delivery
    TBD
I've been stuck in production since 12/21. Hoping to have it by end of Jan.

loewymartin

Badlands
First Name
MBMartin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Welcome
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Tracking Site(s) A2CFA17D-55DE-4D0C-8164-FD85AD7F273D

In Production
Ford Accessories
    Order Confirmed
    09/17/2021
    In Production
    12/14/2021
  • Built Step 3 of 5
    Built
  • Shipped Step 4 of 5
    Shipped
    Delivery
    TBD
Same although my estimated delivery date is January 15th and it hasn't changed yet.
Sponsored