LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
Thanks for posting... Very interesting, but I'm not convinced this is corporate benevolence... Could be, they care about another OEM offerring it first... Patents often are applied for as threat mitigation, without any intention to produce something or even build a protoype.

I'm not a Ford hater... But, I don't believe they are more socially responsible than any other large corporation.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
What's next, a self sustaining ecosystem for an emotional support animal in your glove box that pops open when you are having a fear of something?

This is silly. Ford should focus on better quality. Although it is a race to the bottom with brands these days, all of which are using Covid as an excuse, so it's not like switching brands would help.

Just worked on my F350 lariat Ultimate last weekend. It has 59k miles on it. Had to replace the drivers seat TEDs and the front camera. Fortunately, I was able to do those repairs myself as neither were covered by my extracare, and the dealer wanted an estimated $2k for the repairs. I spent two hours and $300 on it with a buddy's help. I was able to guess on parts for the heated seat as it was still substantially cheaper to throw parts at it than pay the dealer. Fortunately, I guessed right.

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Christ on a crooked crutch what is next?! Maybe a self deploying stuffed therapy animal in the center console? Fear of snow? That's a thing?!
Sponsored