Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
The Ford brochure says “Costs or expenses for the teardown, rental expense, inspection or diagnosis of failures not covered by this Agreement.” https://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/brochure_PremiumCARE.pdf

I get that rental expense is separate, but the inspection or diagnosis language seems to give Ford a lot of wiggle room. Does anybody have experience with actually using the warranty? I’m afraid of hearing “sure,we can replace the turbo under warranty, but it cost $400 to inspect and diagnose the problem.”
See post #4 above. I bought the top of the line Ford ESP, opted for $0 deductible, key replacement, lighting and first day car rental. The repair cost me exactly $0. I will be getting the same plan on the Bronco sport when it arrives next month. It only takes one "Oh Shit" for this ESP to pay for itself.
Sponsored

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
See post #4 above. I bought the top of the line Ford ESP, opted for $0 deductible, key replacement, lighting and first day car rental. The repair cost me exactly $0. I will be getting the same plan on the Bronco sport when it arrives next month. It only takes one "Oh Shit" for this ESP to pay for itself.
I have never purchased an extended warranty plan before in the 32+ years of buying new vehicles. My current one was a "freebie" Lifetime Powertrain Warranty from Chrysler LLC which came in handy a few times and saved me $3600 out of pocket which was nice.

However, I am planning on doing so for my BS after it arrives. The thing that bothers me the most about these more modern vehicles today is all the expensive electronic modules...not necessarily the "hard parts." Replacing electronic display out of warranty, LED lamps (slight extra cost for this on extended warranty), or other electronics can add up very quickly and it seems worth paying for an ESP over the expected 8 year run in which I wish to keep my vehicle. Getting a plan and paying a $100 deductible for each occurrence out of warranty is probably less than what a dealership charges just to diagnose the problem down the road. Now some of these electronic modules AND re-programming them could be hundreds of bucks. The tight working conditions also make labor "fun" if a turbo, water pump, A/C compressor, head, a tranny, etc. needs to be replaced or even if a belt fails, the labor will also add up VERY fast.

Bronconumber5

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Ford brochure says “Costs or expenses for the teardown, rental expense, inspection or diagnosis of failures not covered by this Agreement.” https://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/brochure_PremiumCARE.pdf

I get that rental expense is separate, but the inspection or diagnosis language seems to give Ford a lot of wiggle room. Does anybody have experience with actually using the warranty? I’m afraid of hearing “sure,we can replace the turbo under warranty, but it cost $400 to inspect and diagnose the problem.”
Ford warranty can deny repairs for such things as damage caused by accidents, lack of proper maintenance, and aftermarket components such as tuners, lift kits, modifications that are not Ford approved accessories. For example , your A/C doesn’t cool and the diagnosis is loss of refrigerant due to a hole in the condenser caused by a rock or some kind of debris. That would be your expense or your insurance carrier. I have owned Fords for years and have used the warranties with no problems. I had a supercharger replaced for a noise that cost me my $25 deductible at the time and was a $2500 repair. I always get the Ford ESP plan.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl