BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Are you on the trails at South Jetty or up north of the harbor? How did you get out to the water? Is your flag part of that basket? I ended up getting a mount that goes in the hitch, but I want to upgrade to something that goes further forward but I don't want to suction cup it on.

We went out the South Jetty OHV lot and through the sand lake and then down that last crazy high dune to the water. Going down no problem, going back up was pretty dicey. I'd like to find an easier access point, especially for getting back onto the road. The really easy access right at the river mouth is closed most of the year.

Have to concur with your assessment of sand mode. It's great on "sand". A bit low power if you're trying to climb a dune. I had to start waaaay back from the dune and gun it to get enough speed to get up and over. First try I dug in pretty good on the hill but fortunately I was able to back out and down to give it another go. That was last August at the Bronco Roundup so if I did get stuck, at least it would be another Bronco doing recovery :cool:
To easily get to the ocean, you go to the very end of the South Jetty road, at the stop sign, turn left. You will enter a parking lot.....kind of go to the right and a flat rocky/sandy trail will start and take you to the water. I went to Florence Motor Sports and they had they attachment ($18) that fit my roof basket and they nicely cut down the flag for me. It just has to be 9' total height.

Yeah on the way back is when I also went up a steep sand dune to get back to a different trail....after driving along the ocean for miles! It was fun! definitely also had to get some speed to make it over...the sand was deep! went on some pretty bumpy hilly trails back to a different parking lot.....we came out at Siltcoos Beach Access road. Definetly a fun area!!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
In my experience, sand mode takes the traction control off and is the only mode that does that. I've had mine in the sand, although not very deep, and sand mode, to me, was way better than the other modes. All the other modes would start applying the traction control if a wheel slipped and bog down the Bronco. Sounds like you experienced the opposite!
Yeah definitely sounds like I did, TBH I wasn't paying full attention to the traction control....maybe that's why it felt more bogged down?! Either way it was a hoot to drive on the ocean and different ATV trails.