OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
It's the moment I've been waiting for in the last half year. My family and I took delivery of our 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks in Oxford White.

Ordered/Confirmed: 08/17/2022
Schedule for Production: 12/15/22 (after five alterations)
Built: 12/19/2022
Shipped: 01/05/2023
Delivered:
01/24/2023

Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White PXL_20230127_175339098

Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White PXL_20230127_175301537

I can't say this is my car per say as I have my Maverick Lariat. This is my mom's car and was specked exactly how she wanted it; Oxford White w/ Navy Pier interior. The only add-on is the Technology Package (Wireless Charging Pad, B&O sound system, HD Radio, and Universal Garage Door Opener)

Ever since the Bronco Sport came out in late 2020, it was love at first sight. She's always enjoyed the style, features, size and nostalgic name this car holds. In particular, she's always enjoyed the black and white two-tone. It's a classy look that makes it seem more upscale than it is. It almost looks like a baby Land Rover. IMO, the Outer Banks is the best trim of the Bronco Sport. It's priced just right with all the luxury and safety accoutrements you could ever want. If you want a comfortable, street-oriented BS, go for the Outer Banks or even the Big Bend. If you want more off-road capability, go for the Badlands with the upgraded 2.0L Ecoboost engine and factory lift.

Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White PXL_20230127_175503026

Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White PXL_20230127_175412406

Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White PXL_20230127_175441068

Although it's early for a proper review, we've had the car for three days and has been driven just enough to get the first impressions. I can safely say it was well worth the wait. It drives phenomenally with plenty of low-end power, zippy steering, very quiet/smooth ride, and is comfortable for the whole family. Features such as Blind-Spot Monitoring, Rear-Cross Traffic with Parking Sensors, a bigger touchscreen, and the wireless charging pad are major pluses. Once you have them, you won't want another car without them. Even small creature comforts such as the fold-down armrest and rear a/c vents are a great addition that our trade-in Subaru Crosstrek was missing. One of the reasons why we traded it in the first place as a lot of features were missing that this Bronco Sport offers.

Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White PXL_20230127_175419261

Although the back-seat is a little tight on legroom, you get plenty of headroom and a massive cargo area in exchange. Since the vehicle is very boxy, it equates to a cavernous greenhouse with plenty of room to hold bulky items such as small furniture, luggage, electronics, bulk groceries, etc. Also, the leather seats are cushy and supportive for long-distance trips. One feature that totally blew me by surprise was the memory setting for the driver's seat. I didn't even know it had that! That is a must-have with multiple people with different seating positions driving the one vehicle. That'll definitely be put to good use!

To spruce up the Bronco even more, I got finished installing my new tailgate letter overlays this morning.

Before:
Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White PXL_20230127_142935167

After:
Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White PXL_20230127_152217109

Now the rear is complete. This is how it should've came from the factory but it's nothing that the aftermarket can't fix. These were bought off of Etsy for only $20.00. You can't go wrong as I did the same with my Maverick. This makes the rear pop and you can actually see the badging now! White on white was a no-no and clashed too much with the paint.

I'm so happy we finally have our Bronco Sport! I've always wanted one myself ever since they came out! What's even better is to have the Bronco Sport and Maverick at the same time! My all-time dream of mine! I know that sounds corny but I've always been a fanboy of these two vehicles as well as my mom! She already adores this car and finds an excuse to drive it! Same goes for me! I can't wait for more times to come! đź‘Ť
Sponsored

Last edited:

79Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tobe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BS OB
Congrats on your new Sport! Very sharp looking. The black overlays really finish the tailgate off.
I have the same ones sitting on my kitchen table waiting for my BSOB to arrive. I like the black overlays on the Hot Pepper Red better than the factory white. I think it matches much better with the black trim. I also have the black overlays for the front grill.;)
Enjoy your new ride!

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I love your write up and your excitement! I have owned several Sports now and I will say the OBX is simply awesome.

I will disagree with one thing you said, “Now the rear is complete.” That is, I love what you did with the lettering but I think you should get a bucking Bronco as an offset of the Ford oval. Just an opinion but I liked it.

Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White F3E38685-A3FA-4420-A45F-A596CF653209

OP
OP
OuterBanks25

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I love your write up and your excitement! I have owned several Sports now and I will say the OBX is simply awesome.

I will disagree with one thing you said, “Now the rear is complete.” That is, I love what you did with the lettering but I think you should get a bucking Bronco as an offset of the Ford oval. Just an opinion but I liked it.

Ford Bronco Sport First Impressions: '23 BS Outer Banks Oxford White F3E38685-A3FA-4420-A45F-A596CF653209
As as much as I like it, my mom wouldn't approve. She wants to keep the back simple. She's not a fan of extra advertising as she feels the car has enough of it as is. If it were my car, I would want to get that horse too.
Sponsored