drsnutz46

Big Bend
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to Flatout Suspension, I purchased their GR Lite kit for my 2021 Bronco Sport and I can tell you that it's everything that they say it is and more.

From the shocks and springs to the mounting hardware everything is top of the line! Now here's where the post takes a slight turn, I had the kit installed at a local shop and when I got the truck back it didn't seem quite right and I was beginning to regret buying the kit.

So on a Saturday night at 8:30 pm I used their live chat tab on their web site never dreaming that someone would reply as it said sorry we're closed and not in the shop but we'll get back to you when we open on Monday so I left what I thought was a message explaining the issue with my truck and I about passed out when I got an immediate reply from the technician, he explained to me that he wasn't in the shop but he knew exactly what was wrong with the install on my Bronco Sport and told me that when he got up Sunday morning he would go and measure his own Bronco Sport and e-mail the specs to me for my baseline setup and how to correct the poor install job that my local shop hosed me for.

Sure to his word when I got up Sunday morning all of the measurements were there with instructions on setup so when I got up this fine Monday morning I went out and got my truck up off the ground, removed the wheels and VOILA the problem was exactly what he said it would be so I followed his instructions and within 2 hours I had the truck set up perfectly.

I took the truck for a test drive and I am totally stoked how awesome it rides now! A way better ride than the stock components and with the ability to adjust compression dampening with the turn of a knob is just icing on the cake, as well as having a 2 inch suspension lift versus the so called 2 inch leveling kits that are out there there's no comparison. For my GR Lite kit it came to about $2100.00 with taxes but I can assure you it's worth every freaking penny once you take it for the first spin and it's set up properly. If you have any mechanical ability you should be able to install the entire kit in a few hours, I originally had a local shop do mine but only because I'm a 67 year old retired race car fabricator and I swore many years ago I'd never work on the floor again but I can assure you the install is much easier than it seems.

I want to give Flatout a huge shoutout not only for their top of the line kit but their outstanding customer service and satisfaction, those are qualities that any suspension shop or manufacturer should strive to achieve and Flatout has made me a customer for life, again Flatout Suspension Team thank you so very much not only for the top tier equipment but for the outstanding customer service, God Bless you, Danny R Sheets Sr.
Sponsored

Lazermark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No vehicle
Hi drsnutz46.

In your review of the GR Lite on flatoutsuspension.net's site, you stated:

"...After setting up the kit the little Bronco Sport drove so much better than it did with the stock components and gave me the room I needed to fit 265/65/17s with zero clearance problems..."

This sounds awesome!

At what height was the lift set to in order to achieve zero clearance issues? You haven't had to trim or modify any part of the wheel well in order for clearance? Are those tires on stock wheels with factory offset?

Thanks for your time!

Mr. Ed

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I looked on Flatouts website and found an authorized dealer and installer in my general area (Washington State) Hiro's Hotrods and starting the process of getting the GR Lite ordered installed.
They have not installed one yet, but this maybe the first of many....

Shuka325

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I read the lite shocks are not specifically for off-roading and mostly for the 'looks'. How do they compare to stock badlands shocks as far as off-road capability? Thank you!

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi drsnutz46.

"...After setting up the kit the little Bronco Sport drove so much better than it did with the stock components and gave me the room I needed to fit 265/65/17s with zero clearance problems..."

This sounds awesome!

At what height was the lift set to in order to achieve zero clearance issues? You haven't had to trim or modify any part of the wheel well in order for clearance? Are those tires on stock wheels with factory offset?

Thanks for your time!
How did you decide between the GR Lite and GR Plus? (https://flatoutsuspension.net/search?q=bronco)

The idea of a lift seems good. What led you to Flatout vs some of the other lift kits that are being mentioned on the form (such as https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/new-woolworth-lift-kit-installed-on-bronco-sport-badlands-photos-video.7581/)

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I looked on Flatouts website and found an authorized dealer and installer in my general area (Washington State) Hiro's Hotrods and starting the process of getting the GR Lite ordered installed.
They have not installed one yet, but this maybe the first of many....
I looked at https://www.hiroshotrods.com/ and they say they are temporarily closed. Are you able to connect with them?

Mr. Ed

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes. I have been in contact with the owner. They moved their shop I think to Kent. Not sure yet. They will be contacting me when they are ready soon. I received a quick response when I wrote a message on their website.....

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi drsnutz46.

This sounds awesome!

Thanks for your time!
I can't speak for the OP nor am I aware of his wheel/tire package outside of just the size he referenced but I can share my own findings.

On a stock suspension badlands with 17x8+40 wheels running 265/65/17 Yokohama G015 tires it DOES rub the pinch weld near full lock. It does not contact the pinch weld enough to damage the tire but has begun to wear the liner. I can easily say that an additional 1-1.5" of lift would not alleviate this from happening.

Lazermark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No vehicle
I can't speak for the OP nor am I aware of his wheel/tire package outside of just the size he referenced but I can share my own findings.

On a stock suspension badlands with 17x8+40 wheels running 265/65/17 Yokohama G015 tires it DOES rub the pinch weld near full lock. It does not contact the pinch weld enough to damage the tire but has begun to wear the liner. I can easily say that an additional 1-1.5" of lift would not alleviate this from happening.
Sharing your personal experience is greatly appreciated!

Willing to share a picture of the wear on the liner? It would be helpful!

Thanks for your time.
Sponsored