Finally got out camping!

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
It isn’t so much about the truck, but we finally got out camping! Both dogs fit, all our crap fit, it was comfortable, and we are having a hoot in the rain.

This trip was more about testing loading and new camping gear than anything. Our organizational paradigm stinks!

Wish to have:
- Dual battery set up - redarc
- Fridge on a slider
- No back seats
- Purpose built dog cage behind driver with seatbelt
- A lift so I don’t hit my head on the lift gate (it is WAY too low and I am not that tall)
- Drawers for our crap so it isn’t a mess (bins are not that great).
- 270 degree awning

All it takes is money so eventually!

Ford Bronco Sport Finally got out camping! 8ACE310F-1080-4E8B-BD3A-EE84B4BD4257
Sponsored

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No back seats
You're in luck!

From looking at parts diagrams, it appears that…

The seat-base is held on with some massive plastic friction+spring clamps, and the seat-back sections are held on with a small number of bolts.

Tiny bit more challenging to extricate the seat-base in the trim levels that have the second-row "under-passenger-seat storage" option, but a lot less challenging that I'd expect.

Either way, you end up with a big steel hoop framing-out the seat-base section, lots of opportunity for attaching a replacement deck-plate.

Purpose built dog cage behind driver with seatbelt
I'm assuming you don't mean a K9 unit LEO conversion module, but something a bit easier to back-out.

OP
OP

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're in luck!

From looking at parts diagrams, it appears that…

The seat-base is held on with some massive plastic friction+spring clamps, and the seat-back sections are held on with a small number of bolts.

Tiny bit more challenging to extricate the seat-base in the trim levels that have the second-row "under-passenger-seat storage" option, but a lot less challenging that I'd expect.

Either way, you end up with a big steel hoop framing-out the seat-base section, lots of opportunity for attaching a replacement deck-plate.

I'm assuming you don't mean a K9 unit LEO conversion module, but something a bit easier to back-out.
I figured removing the seats wouldn’t be too bad. I will maybe go that route when I put in a dual battery system.
The dog cage will be home made ?. Plan is to mod some SUV dog barriers and build my furry friend a safety cage with blankets and toys and a chunk of carabiner locked webbing to clip onto his harness.
Thanks for the info!

OP
OP

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pour-over coffee •and• a synthetic handle Opinel. That's it, you're fired! :)

But seriously, I dig the color combo on the Opinel.
I had a wooden Opinel, but the dog ate it. Thankfully, I got to him before he got to the blade. Dogs. Sheesh. To this day I have no idea how he found it!

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
OP
OP

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Beautiful spot! Love the setup and looks quite secluded. Not sure where you’re located but we have had a very warm fall up here in Minnesota and was able to get out this week for a few nights for some hammock camping. Been great!
Sponsored