Feedback request for A/Ts for Big Bend....

X-man

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Thanks everyone for all of the input. Happy to report that I went with the 235 Wildpeaks from - of all places - Amazon cause I couldn't pass up the $154/tire price. Bizarrely, they qualified for Prime delivery. Loaded them up and went to a local tire shop for a $20/tire install. Turns out one of the stock tires had a nail nestled 2 inches up the sidewall, so glad I went for something with more meat on the bones.

So far, it's the opposite of regret. I took a 150-mile round trip this weekend to a friend's farm for camping next to the Shenandoah river behind the back pasture and my primary concerns of road noise and MPG reduction were assuaged. Even at 75+ MPH, the wind noise was more vocal than any low hum coming from below and it was about a 1 MPG hit on the highway. A bit more in the city, it seems, but it's worth the trade off for an even smoother ride over potholes and other city street nonsense.

TL;DR - Get the 235 Wildpeaks for your BB and be happy like me.

When you order tires to your house, you get to be the kind of person that keeps tires inside:

Ford Bronco Sport Feedback request for A/Ts for Big Bend.... IMG_8204.JPG

Love the black-on-black with high-raise lettering:
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback request for A/Ts for Big Bend.... IMG_8208.JPG

All four fit in the back, NBD:
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback request for A/Ts for Big Bend.... IMG_8234.JPG

Think globally, change tires locally. Before w/factory shoes:
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback request for A/Ts for Big Bend.... IMG_8236.JPG

After, with new hiking boots:

Ford Bronco Sport Feedback request for A/Ts for Big Bend.... IMG_8242.JPG

Down by the river:
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback request for A/Ts for Big Bend.... IMG_8321
I’m glad you took the 235, looks better on the boxy style, I’m supposed to get my BB in 2 weeks and already asked my dealership to deliver with the 235 falken or toyo at3, do you have to recalibrate the speedo Btw?
Sponsored

OP
OP
HotChicken

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m glad you took the 235, looks better on the boxy style, I’m supposed to get my BB in 2 weeks and already asked my dealership to deliver with the 235 falken or toyo at3, do you have to recalibrate the speedo Btw?
Glad you asked, I forgot to mention that part I was concerned about too much fussing as a result of the new skids. (Do people even call totes skids? They should.). Was driving through a 45 MPH construction zone on the highway and they had one of those roadside boards clocking your speed. I came in at 45 while my needle was just over, prolly at 46 under, prolly at 44. So it seems the +1 MPH is was about right, assuming Virginia’s DoT has their stuff calibrated right.

Last edited:

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not much of a difference in mpg. I drive on the roads 5 days a week. Every weekend I go to the trails. The 245 makes a big difference in my opinion. More sidewall and a little more surface. I got use to the noise, it’s not a lot for an a/t. 245 looks a lot better and I love them so much more!

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Glad you asked, I forgot to mention that part I was concerned about too much fussing as a result of the new skids. (Do people even call totes skids? They should.). Was driving through a 45 MPH construction zone on the highway and they had one of those roadside boards clocking your speed. I came in at 45 while my needle was just over, prolly at 46. So seems the +1 MPH is was about right, assuming Virginia’s DoT has their stuff calibrated right.
Should be the other way around. With bigger tires you are going faster than your speedometer indicates.