Faulty Cross Bar

dinofanara

Badlands
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received my factory cross bars today for my Badlands- Car was ordered in Feb and arrive end of June, Bars arrived end of July. They tighten just fine to the rails however due to the poor design of the adjustable length there is a ton of slop on the adjustable end on one of them. The rear one doesn't have as much slop and is fine. However I took them back to the dealer and am awaiting their determination on what to do next.

There is a set of firmly secured screws on one end and the adjustable end has two screws that allow the bar to move for length however the problem one also moves up and down, side to side and there is no way to tighten them, in fact turning the screw does nothing. I think it is a poor quality design. I am hopeful I will get something better.
Sponsored

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I think they might be stripped. The screws only require 1nm of torque to tighten. They are easily stripped in my experience. My dealer opted to get factory warranty replaced. No charge. I hope they can do the same for you. Yes I do agree, there are better options. Even my old Yakima setup is still holding up.