Fall 2021 Average wait time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5409
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 5409

What's the average wait time these days? Went in to my local dealer beginning July 2021 and put a small down payment to reserve a 2021 Big Bend. I picked it off the dealer site so I didn't hand pick features or colors. It was just what the listing offered. I have a VIN and a order number. From what I see on Ford's tracker the dealer must have placed their original order in April, and it's been "in production" since the start of June 2021. The website predicts delivery in November 2021, but the dealer assures me it'll be sooner. Looking at the forum, most people are talking 2020 orders, so I'm curious what the wait time is like these days?
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
What's the average wait time these days? Went in to my local dealer beginning July 2021 and put a small down payment to reserve a 2021 Big Bend. I picked it off the dealer site so I didn't hand pick features or colors. It was just what the listing offered. I have a VIN and a order number. From what I see on Ford's tracker the dealer must have placed their original order in April, and it's been "in production" since the start of June 2021. The website predicts delivery in November 2021, but the dealer assures me it'll be sooner. Looking at the forum, most people are talking 2020 orders, so I'm curious what the wait time is like these days?
Sadly there is no straight answer. If you have a VIN and four digit order number you can get some idea if it's been built. Unfortunately it seems like broncos built in June are missing a chip, they are built, and sitting in storage waiting on the missing module.a lot of folks who were waiting a long time gave up waiting, others are doing all the can to stay positive. Also seems like those built in July are delivering. Not sure what madness is behind that decision. The dealer has far more visibility and access to see what's going on.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Sadly there is no straight answer. If you have a VIN and four digit order number you can get some idea if it's been built. Unfortunately it seems like broncos built in June are missing a chip, they are built, and sitting in storage waiting on the missing module.a lot of folks who were waiting a long time gave up waiting, others are doing all the can to stay positive. Also seems like those built in July are delivering. Not sure what madness is behind that decision. The dealer has far more visibility and access to see what's going on.
Must be easier to put a chip in one right on the production line rather than searching the lot with endless broncos for which one is next.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Must be easier to put a chip in one right on the production line rather than searching the lot with endless broncos for which one is next.
Except they won't do that. They will likely put the modules in and roll them out. Scan the vin and it gets where it goes. Any of them in waiting are missing the same RCM module. There was talk they would ship them to each dealer to sit and have techs install the modules on site. They absolutely aren't going to look for your bronco from April 18 or whatever and then find all the April 19s tomorrow.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5409

I saw the thing about the techs installing the chips themselves. I get the idea. Makes dealers lots look fuller=more sales. All those dealers are currently sitting on large property which is rent payments or property taxes not generating income. Same problem when Ford announced they want to send dealers less stock and move into a order online/custom model.

Going back to the root of the thread, i figured it'd be a few months. Between the dealers ordering and now they've announced models will not include things like back up camera washers. And just in the month i've waited i see my ford app has said the vin has been flagged for two recalls.

I know every industry is plagued with supply chain issues that'll last until 2023/24 at least. i guess my question was most of the wait topics on the forum were people in 2020 waiting for 2021s. not it's 2021, they are starting to release the big broncos into production and take order to 2022s on the baby broncos. i was kinda curious what the average wait was on the 2021s.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
honestly same type of deal. I feel like I just hit a sweet spot. I placed an order late March for a Badlands with limited extras. It was eventually built in late June and delivered mid July. In that process I was contacted by a dealer with my exact bulid inbound. They speced it in January, the buyer backed out. It was built in April and delivered first week of May. Since then, many who had the badlands packages, moon roof, 360+ have their build sitting in the desert. Others who ordered in...April/May/even June, many without the moon roof, some with 360+ etc are seeing theirs completed and coming in. On the surface this makes little to no sense at all.
Could it be, Ford foresaw some of the recall issues and decided to park the units missing a RCM module, make the repairs and deliver the vehicle as promised at the end of October hoping to find some light? Maybe. Is it possible the Bronco started at about that same time, and took a lot of the chips for people waiting in some cases nearly two years? and now that they have so many problems with the webasto disaster, more chips flowed back to the sport? The main chip plant in Taiwan had a fire, they appear to be back to full capacity...maybe that influx is starting to catch up and it made more sense to complete orders on the belt instead of those on a lot? Don't know...and that's what has a lot of people upset, communication and answers have been slim pickings. I've been told, Farley the CEO is responsive on Twitter when folks have POLITELY DM or tweeted him...no promise...I am not a twit...erer.
Sponsored