Exhaust Noise?

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have caught my Badlands making this noise twice in the past week. I did hear it make this noise several months ago but ignored it because it went away and didn’t appear to be an issue. Basically, I stopped looking for it

Most of the time it sounds completely normal but will make this noise occasionally.

Interestingly, the past two times I was able to catch it was after driving to Walmart. It’s a 15 minute drive. The transmission was in park.

After getting back in and driving for any amount of time it stops and sounds normal again.

I recently had an oil change and inspection performed by Quicklane and they said nothing appeared to be loose. They recommended having the service department take a closer look. I made an appointment for next week.

Any ideas?

Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Sounds like something metallic is vibrating against something that is also metallic. Could be the heat shield is loose and vibrating against the muffler. Or perhaps something internal in the muffler has come loose and is vibrating.

OP
OP

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Sounds like something metallic is vibrating against something that is also metallic. Could be the heat shield is loose and vibrating against the muffler. Or perhaps something internal in the muffler has come loose and is vibrating.
That’s what I thought as well.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have caught my Badlands making this noise twice in the past week. I did hear it make this noise several months ago but ignored it because it went away and didn’t appear to be an issue. Basically, I stopped looking for it

Most of the time it sounds completely normal but will make this noise occasionally.

Interestingly, the past two times I was able to catch it was after driving to Walmart. It’s a 15 minute drive. The transmission was in park.

After getting back in and driving for any amount of time it stops and sounds normal again.

I recently had an oil change and inspection performed by Quicklane and they said nothing appeared to be loose. They recommended having the service department take a closer look. I made an appointment for next week.

Any ideas?

Good morning! I would be glad to help you out with this exhaust noise concern if you'd like. Just shoot us a direct message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Any ideas?

Sounds like a problem with your flux capacitor.

Ford Bronco Sport Exhaust Noise? IMG_5542