Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Well what I read was all smaller EcoBoost including 1.5, 1.6, 2.0 and 2.3 iirc but luckily for the baby bronco it's not an issue.

And as for tuners, yeah I mean you want to do your research and make sure they're familiar with the platform and they've done tuning on it. Check reviews. That's why I went with the force performance on my escape because he was one of the few guys that actually did the escape and he'd done a bunch and the reviews are really good. You could look around on the forums and there was a lot of people who at least supposedly actually had gotten them and they worked good and i had no problems with mine.

But that's a canned tune that you're getting online. A dyno tune is something different. Were you actually take it into a place and they throw it on a dyno and you get a custom tune just for you. I've had those done as well. Those are a bit pricier. I just wanted to make sure that we're making the distinction here.

Last time I got one of those was a couple years ago and it cost me about $1,000 but when I got my tune for the escape from unleashed performance I had to buy a SCT tuner that came preloaded with one of my choice and then you can pay like 50 or $100 for more iirc and usually they would do it by octane but I think he had a few other special ones too and then you could also do kind of like a custom tune where he would send you a base and you would run it and he adjusts it from there.

Quick update I just checked his website and it's unleashed tuning and he is only doing a custom tune for the sport right now for $250 and you need an sct tuner too either through him or somewhere else to load the tunes on which then uploads them to your car.
Sponsored

Goodland

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Go visit the Mustang EcoBoost forum and look for the poll asking about blown engines. Last time I checked there were some 40 owners who lost an engine due to catastrophic failure. All but two has been running modified software and/or bolt-on mods meant to boost power.
I know of one of these owners. It was a 2015 with a Livernoise tune and an upgraded intercooler running 89 octane on a 91 tune. One of the wrist pins let go iirc. Took months to get it back because a gasket was on backorder. The warranty miraculously covered it, but it would have been north of $7k to repair a car with 15-20k miles on it.

Anyway, I'm over the tunes for my daily drivers. I will say that having a VW Alltrack knocking on 300hp was pretty fun, though.