rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
The 2023 BS BL has a memory feature for the driver's seat. Is it possible to add a position memory feature to a 2022? Up to and including replacing the driver's seat with a 2023 seat. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
There's a tremendous amount of integration required with new vehicles to add OEM options after the fact. Computers control everything, and it needs to know what devices and options you've installed to control them. This kind of mod requires a facility with Forscan and the arcane knowledge of exactly what computer modules you need to edit. I'm not aware of any publicly available resources that might guide you through the necessary module edits.

OP
OP
rjs0962

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
There's a tremendous amount of integration required with new vehicles to add OEM options after the fact. Computers control everything, and it needs to know what devices and options you've installed to control them. This kind of mod requires a facility with Forscan and the arcane knowledge of exactly what computer modules you need to edit. I'm not aware of any publicly available resources that might guide you through the necessary module edits.
I thought that might be the answer---but, asking never hurts.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I thought that might be the answer---but, asking never hurts.
Just to be clear, I don't know for a fact that you would need to edit the computer; that's a guess. There is some evidence online that the module controlling motor memory is attached to the motor on some other Ford models, so that may also be the case for the Bronco Sport. You might start by researching part numbers for powered seat motors and see if there are differences. If that's the case it may be as simple as replacing the seat with a newer one and installing the memory switch panel.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
The 2023 BS BL has a memory feature for the driver's seat. Is it possible to add a position memory feature to a 2022? Up to and including replacing the driver's seat with a 2023 seat. Thoughts?
The technical answer is no. There are special sensors that the seats use to let the modules know where the seat location is. There is no module present, and I am pretty sure it's not possible to add it as the harness is not there for it to be added. The module also has to be programmed, etc.
Sponsored