DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So after 2 washes, one by hand and one by Sheetz carwash, VortexSigns Oracal 651 decals are still on the car and look like new.
I ordered mate black versions of the decals and to compare them to the factory installed once VS decals are a little bit darker, but not a deal breaker, in time will be the same. VS decals are 3-4 times thinner than a factory decals but again it's still looks good.
I did had to pay to replace one side of the window decal. I was not arguing too much about it, just wanted to get car finished..so
I'll rate my experience 9/10. I will shop there again for my future projects.
I used wet/dry application method:
positioned decal, taped it, wet first half .. applied it, took tape off and wet the other side and applied it.

Ford Bronco Sport Did some things tonight - Hood decal and the hood protector. IMG20210613144147

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I've had my Vortex hood overlay on now for a couple months... very happy with it! It makes my Sport more unique IMHO, and also reduces sun glare. I did install it myself. My suggestion is to watch a couple online videos first about using the 'wet' install method. Water, tape, doing half at a time, and patient squeegee work, were the keys for me in succeeding. Thanks Vortex!

Ford Bronco Sport Did some things tonight - Hood decal and the hood protector. thumbnail_IMG_2847

Ford Bronco Sport Did some things tonight - Hood decal and the hood protector. thumbnail_IMG_2849

Ford Bronco Sport Did some things tonight - Hood decal and the hood protector. thumbnail_IMG_2854

Ford Bronco Sport Did some things tonight - Hood decal and the hood protector. thumbnail_IMG_2855

Ford Bronco Sport Did some things tonight - Hood decal and the hood protector. thumbnail_IMG_2859

Ford Bronco Sport Did some things tonight - Hood decal and the hood protector. thumbnail_IMG_2860

VortexSigns

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you for the purchase. Yes, professional install or patience/experience pays off.
Btw, I see some air pockets on it. You can just pop them with a needle and it will be fine. Then use a blow dryer to smooth it out

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Vortex, for the ideas on my bubbles. It's good you mention that - and yes I did employ that needle puncture method, for a couple of bigger water bubbles when I did the install. But I'd also known then, that for any smaller bubbles, those simply disappear over time as the hood sits out in the sun in blasting Summer heat. I checked my hood just now (sorry don't have time to post new pics)... all the bubbles seen in my last picture above, are now gone - the water evaporated directly thru the vinyl over the last month or two. I don't know if the same is true for air bubbles; but I do know those were water bubbles and they are now totally gone. My hood overlay is looking great now :)

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I forgot! In the spirit of this thread, and the inspiration from broncgrl94, I'd also installed a Vortex liftgate emblem a while back. Then my lady complained it was "too much". (Where's the *rolleyes* emoji when I need it?). So then I just carefully peeled off the outer yellow border on the emblem. Now it's more subtle - but still conveys the crucial and boastful message I wanted displayed, about my BroSpo's features :D

Ford Bronco Sport Did some things tonight - Hood decal and the hood protector. thumbnail_IMG_2856

Ford Bronco Sport Did some things tonight - Hood decal and the hood protector. thumbnail_IMG_2875
Sponsored