Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford advises that the cross-traffic alert system will activate when a vehicle is approaching within a range of 45 feet.
My previous Escape would alert to traffic approaching almost a block away while I sat in a driveway waiting to reverse out. My BL does not activate at all while sitting in the same driveway in the same position. The vehicle passes on the road behind me without the system activating. It will activate in a parking lot when a vehicle passes very closely behind but only when it is within a couple of feet of my BL which is kind of late. My dealership advises it can’t be adjusted. Has anyone else experienced this with their cross-traffic alert system?
Sponsored

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
It might be that they have tuned the sensitivity to be less of a nuisance. My Mazda 6 was more like your old Escape, it would detect vehicles from adjacent streets if I was in a parking lot. And the blind spot alert was constantly beeping about vehicles that were two car lengths behind me—more than standard merging distance here in CA.

OP
OP
Jill

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It might be that they have tuned the sensitivity to be less of a nuisance. My Mazda 6 was more like your old Escape, it would detect vehicles from adjacent streets if I was in a parking lot. And the blind spot alert was constantly beeping about vehicles that were two car lengths behind me—more than standard merging distance here in CA.
I wondered about that and checked Ford.com. It still indicates 45 feet. I do agree that the previous system was a bit too sensitive.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I wondered about that and checked Ford.com. It still indicates 45 feet. I do agree that the previous system was a bit too sensitive.
Yes agree but is it in fact adjustable?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Did the manual say anything?
Not seeing anything, unless I missed it.I thought in going over the info screen I remember seeing it .

OP
OP
Jill

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not seeing anything, unless I missed it.I thought in going over the info screen I remember seeing it .
I’ll take a look however I asked dealer to look at when it was in for a rear wiper issue and they advised it’s working as it should.

Reactions: Jrl

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
My guess is that it is adjustable, but only through a software update. No user interface via Sync3 or dealership's.

Brad Urton

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My guess is that it is adjustable, but only through a software update. No user interface via Sync3 or dealership's.
If there were adjustability, it would likely show up on a Forscan spread sheet. I doubt it though, likely factory settings are a consideration as part of NHTSA Safety ratings, insurance coverage formulas, and such. They may be closed even to service personnel for those reasons.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
If there were adjustability, it would likely show up on a Forscan spread sheet. I doubt it though, likely factory settings are a consideration as part of NHTSA Safety ratings, insurance coverage formulas, and such. They may be closed even to service personnel for those reasons.
Like I said dealerships, where I should have said service personnel.

OP
OP
Jill

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I said dealerships, where I should have said service personnel.
That makes sense as to why there wouldn’t be an adjustment. Thanks for the explanation.
Sponsored