cleaning the headliner

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
with a light grey headliner, the risk of 'dirt' and grime is significant. As opportunity would have it, saw a spider on the headliner, and made an attempt to sweep it out the window. Unfortunately, the spider did not survive the incident and left a quarter-sized blood stain on the fabric...yeah, I am heavy-handed OOOPS. I kept forgetting to clean it, and finally tried an old toothbrush, some fels naphtha soap, oxy spray, and a microfiber cloth. I spent about twenty minutes using gentle pressure with the brush, kept sweeping it with the microfiber cloth, and by the time I was done scrubbing it was gone. Checked again this morning after it had dried, looks like it never happened. So, should you need to remove blood...I'm not asking any questions :) but it does clean up pretty well. Just work with the grain of the material and take your time. I've used fels naphtha for red clay on baseball pants for years as our son has grown through the ranks...now his college takes care of it so I had some soap to spare.
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
with a light grey headliner, the risk of 'dirt' and grime is significant. As opportunity would have it, saw a spider on the headliner, and made an attempt to sweep it out the window. Unfortunately, the spider did not survive the incident and left a quarter-sized blood stain on the fabric...yeah, I am heavy-handed OOOPS. I kept forgetting to clean it, and finally tried an old toothbrush, some fels naphtha soap, oxy spray, and a microfiber cloth. I spent about twenty minutes using gentle pressure with the brush, kept sweeping it with the microfiber cloth, and by the time I was done scrubbing it was gone. Checked again this morning after it had dried, looks like it never happened. So, should you need to remove blood...I'm not asking any questions :) but it does clean up pretty well. Just work with the grain of the material and take your time. I've used fels naphtha for red clay on baseball pants for years as our son has grown through the ranks...now his college takes care of it so I had some soap to spare.
Ugh, I hate spiders........

Next time.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've got 2 brown mystery blotches I've been meaning to scrub out. Thanks for the tip with the Oxyclean. Time to break out my spare toothbrush!

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Figured I wasn't alone. Just work with medium force, have a dry cloth to blot and keep setting the brush, wipe the excess. The cloth is pretty resilient.