altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Came on last week. Fordpass said to pop the funnel into the fuel fill door all the way so i did and the light is still on. Any point in disconnecting the battery to try and reset the light? I have an appt this Tuesday to have it looked at but id rather do other things that hang around the dealership for half the day.
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
For $100 you can get the BlueDriver OBD II scan tool. Easy to use and lets you clear transient codes without a trip to the dealer. And when the code reoccurs at least you know what the problem is before scheduling an appointment. I use mine on my vehicles as well as my friends and work trucks. Huge time saver.

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For $100 you can get the BlueDriver OBD II scan tool. Easy to use and lets you clear transient codes without a trip to the dealer. And when the code reoccurs at least you know what the problem is before scheduling an appointment. I use mine on my vehicles as well as my friends and work trucks. Huge time saver.
you just reminded me that i already have a code reader that clears codes. being the car is brand new i haven't used it in almost 2 years lol thank you

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
my reader came back saying "very small evap leak" i erased the code and it hasnt come back yet. i'll post a follow up if it comes back on
I was expecting an evaporator code based on FordPass wanting you to use the filler funnel to activate the flap in the fuel line. You may have fixed it but the code wouldn’t clear until it got positive readings for a while.

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was expecting an evaporator code based on FordPass wanting you to use the filler funnel to activate the flap in the fuel line. You may have fixed it but the code wouldn’t clear until it got positive readings for a while.
that's what i was thinking. just got tired of looking at that light