Coach Rich

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend and 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Picked up my new Bronco Sport Big Bend this past Saturday and today with 71 miles on it the check engine light came on. Contacted my salesman and he had me use the Ford Pass app to identify what the alarm was. The engine control system has detected an electrical fault with the evaporative emission purge control valve and it's associated wiring. Doesn't sound major but we are not off to a great start.
Sponsored

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Picked up my new Bronco Sport Big Bend this past Saturday and today with 71 miles on it the check engine light came on. Contacted my salesman and he had me use the Ford Pass app to identify what the alarm was. The engine control system has detected an electrical fault with the evaporative emission purge control valve and it's associated wiring. Doesn't sound major but we are not off to a great start.
My guess - Probably a loose connection. With 71 miles on it, it often takes that long to throw an emissions fault.

Siciliano

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang Convertible; 1986 Suzuki Jimny
I got the same thing at 290 miles, approximately - 6 days old. I also an Engine Fault warning light, as well.

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Did this issue ever get resolved? I just posted a thread, this has been happening to me multiple times. 5 to be exact and now the dealership is blaming me.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Did this issue ever get resolved? I just posted a thread, this has been happening to me multiple times. 5 to be exact and now the dealership is blaming me.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

BroncitoBL

Badlands
First Name
Osmi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Would be possible to throw the CEL for the evap, if the module is bad? I saw my vin is under the CSP for the module now.
Sponsored