Changing your order once the build week has been scheduled.

ztm200

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I received an email last Thursday saying my build week was May 24. I called my dealer today to see about the possibility of changing the color. He said that since the build week had been scheduled this was not possible. Has anyone else tried to do this and had success? Is my dealer right? Wrong? I like the original color I ordered (Area 51), but after seeing the Cactus Gray in person when I drove by a dealer this weekend I liked it more. Thanks!
Sponsored

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I received an email last Thursday saying my build week was May 24. I called my dealer today to see about the possibility of changing the color. He said that since the build week had been scheduled this was not possible. Has anyone else tried to do this and had success? Is my dealer right? Wrong? I like the original color I ordered (Area 51), but after seeing the Cactus Gray in person when I drove by a dealer this weekend I liked it more. Thanks!
For a brief time, I thought about switching the color on my BS from Alto Blue to Kodiak Brown after I saw it in person. At the time, my build date was already scheduled. My salesman told me that I would have to cancel my current order and submit a new order if I wanted to change the color.

Barring some unforeseen circumstance, I expect to take delivery of my Alto Blue BS BL+BL sometime this week. Starting from scratch was not an option for me. Besides, blue has always been my favorite color anyway.

Good luck with your decision!

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I like the original color I ordered (Area 51), but after seeing the Cactus Gray in person when I drove by a dealer this weekend I liked it more. Thanks!
You may want to see Cactus Gray in varying lighting conditions before making a change.

Of the ones we've seen in person, my wife thought one was white from a distance (in overcast), and I see a green tinge in direct sunlight, which either or both may be a good thing for you.

I was not an Area 51 fan, but we drove a Big Bend + BB pkg. a while back in A51, and I really liked the white letters against the A51, and the whole thing appealed to me more than I would have thought.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ztm200

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
For a brief time, I thought about switching the color on my BS from Alto Blue to Kodiak Brown after I saw it in person. At the time, my build date was already scheduled. My salesman told me that I would have to cancel my current order and submit a new order if I wanted to change the color.

Barring some unforeseen circumstance, I expect to take delivery of my Alto Blue BS BL+BL sometime this week. Starting from scratch was not an option for me. Besides, blue has always been my favorite color anyway.

Good luck with your decision!
I definitely do not intend on cancelling my order and starting over. We are all waiting long enough as it is. I'll stick with Area 51. I certainly like the color, and hey, if I don't like it after a while I could always get it painted.

OP
OP

ztm200

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
You may want to see Cactus Gray in varying lighting conditions before making a change.

Of the ones we've seen in person, my wife thought one was white from a distance (in overcast), and I see a green tinge in direct sunlight, which either or both may be a good thing for you.

I was not an Area 51 fan, but we drove a Big Bend + BB pkg. a while back in A51, and I really liked the white letters against the A51, and the whole thing appealed to me more than I would have thought.
Thanks for telling me that. I only saw it in kind of overcast skies which may have made the gray stand out more. I do really like Area 51 so I'm sticking with it.

MC_TC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
We were told that you can change certain things about your order like adding stuff up until you receive your VIN. If you received the production scheduled email, you've been assigned a VIN so it's likely too late.

Husky248

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek
You may want to check out the following post I made a while back re: a similar question:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/production-delays.1432/page-6#post-35521

I was told the same thing. I didn't want to change the BS color, but rather add the Cargo Management System to my order. I already had a scheduled production date and a vin# and was able to do it with no problem after reaching out to the right person. The person at your dealership may be right and paint color may be much more complicated. If you do decide that would like a different color, I'd reach out to the dealerships Generel Sales Manager directly. He has access to the order system and the ability to make changes (at least they did in my case).

Good Luck!

OP
OP

ztm200

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
You may want to check out the following post I made a while back re: a similar question:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/production-delays.1432/page-6#post-35521

I was told the same thing. I didn't want to change the BS color, but rather add the Cargo Management System to my order. I already had a scheduled production date and a vin# and was able to do it with no problem after reaching out to the right person. The person at your dealership may be right and paint color may be much more complicated. If you do decide that would like a different color, I'd reach out to the dealerships Generel Sales Manager directly. He has access to the order system and the ability to make changes (at least they did in my case).

Good Luck!
Thanks for the info!!!
Sponsored