Carshield

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Anyone have experience with carshield? Buying my son a used car and interested in getting him an extended warranty. Factory will expire in about 8,000 miles for the car we’re currently looking at. Before the F&I guy starts badgering me, I’d like to have a realistic clue as to the cost. Hate going into anything blind.
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I'd buy a Ford Plan instead of one of these other warranties.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes, I am familiar with car shield. You can run into difficulties as they are essentially an insurance company and one way insurance makes money is keep claims low. Which in this case makes denying the claim or approving a cheap fix. Also, with all insurance, the devil is in the details so I would read the policy and not just listen to a salesperson.

You can check their rates but try to check with the dealership that sold you the used car as well as the original dealership. You will often find that they will match car shield or at least come close and they have a service reputation that means a lot to them which often (but not always) makes for a better experience.

Edit: also, just tell the finance guy at the used dealership no at this time. Wait until you have all your ducks in a row and are making the best decision. A reputable dealer is happy to sell you the extended warranty shortly after your purchase and should not pressure you to decide the day of the vehicle purchase. In fact, my advice is to always say no to everything the finance guy says until you can read through it, and I will not do that in the excitement of getting my new vehicle.

Finance guys are just like car salespeople. Once they know there is competition, price is more negotiable in your favor.

Last edited:

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I agree with the others. Buy a Ford plan (if it's a used Ford you are buying). Also check Flood Ford's website for their price on the vehicle you are buying.
You may also try your bank or credit union, but there you are getting into 3rd party "insurance" companies.

OP
OP

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Sorry everyone, I should’ve been more clear. He’s looking at a Jeep Cherokee.