Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
While hosting my family during their vacation last week, the cargo area took a bit of a beating due to the oversized heavy suitcases they flew in with. I've got some minor scratches on the wheel "humps" that seem to just be surface level and red scuffs I plan on just using a magic eraser on. Curious if anyone has found a way to fix superficial scratches like mine? The plastic is black so they're not super noticable, but I'll fix them if I can. It's getting traded into the dealer when my Badlands order arrives and I wasn't sure if they'd make a fuss or of it's just considered normal wear and tear.
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I've heard an anti static dryer sheet can work miracles on small scratches. I think a magic eraser is a much more severe application of the same principle. Maybe start small and work up. The magic eraser is a lot more abrasive than most people think. It will really f-up clear acrylics in short order. It might mess with the "shine" on the pebbled plastic too.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
There’s a hair dryer trick as well. Let me see what I can find for you.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
While hosting my family during their vacation last week, the cargo area took a bit of a beating due to the oversized heavy suitcases they flew in with. I've got some minor scratches on the wheel "humps" that seem to just be surface level and red scuffs I plan on just using a magic eraser on. Curious if anyone has found a way to fix superficial scratches like mine? The plastic is black so they're not super noticable, but I'll fix them if I can. It's getting traded into the dealer when my Badlands order arrives and I wasn't sure if they'd make a fuss or of it's just considered normal wear and tear.
Unless you gouged a hole in the plastic trim, I'm almost certain they'll chalk it up to wear and tear. I wouldn't sweat it.
Sponsored