BenOutside85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic, Subaru Outback
Hi all, were starting to look for a new convertible carseat that is a) well reviewed, fits well in the BS, and is not the biggest pain in the @ to install.
Currently we have the Chicco keyfit 30 which we like but even with that, we've got to put our front seats forward more than we'd like.
What carseat/s do you have and how well do they work in the BS for you?
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Child car seat... I'll be following this thread, as we will be grandparents soon.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Be advised, any infant car seat will take up significant room in the back seat. The things are just huge these days. Leaves just barely enough room for an adult passenger on each side. Can't hardly buckle the outboard seat belts unless you are a contortionist. The back seat area is simply cramped no matter what you do and adding a car seat makes the situation even worse. My grandson is a toddler now and we have been able to turn his seat to front facing, but it is still an extremely tight fit for passengers plus the car seat.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be advised, any infant car seat will take up significant room in the back seat. The things are just huge these days. Leaves just barely enough room for an adult passenger on each side. Can't hardly buckle the outboard seat belts unless you are a contortionist. The back seat area is simply cramped no matter what you do and adding a car seat makes the situation even worse. My grandson is a toddler now and we have been able to turn his seat to front facing, but it is still an extremely tight fit for passengers plus the car seat.
My grandson comes first. If anyone complains about being cramped in the back seat, they can take the bus, or drive themselves.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
My grandson comes first. If anyone complains about being cramped in the back seat, they can take the bus, or drive themselves.
That's fine. Just an FYI,. I'm usually the one that rides beside my grandson cause I'm his favorite. Grandma drives and mom is shotgun. I'm merely trying to let everyone know it is a tight fit, not trying to ruffle feathers.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's fine. Just an FYI,. I'm usually the one that rides beside my grandson cause I'm his favorite. Grandma drives and mom is shotgun. I'm merely trying to let everyone know it is a tight fit, not trying to ruffle feathers.
I too will be the one sitting back there (should we take the Bronco), and I'm a big guy (6' 2" and 240 pounds). Better than a bus.

I appreciate the heads up. Maybe the F-150 will get grandson hauling duty.

Can't wait to take him out in the '67 Camaro.

Now waiting for some support on this car seat the OP posted, or other choices.

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
We used the Graco Snugride Snuglock 35 LX for our sons first yr+ and loved it! It is basically a carseat and carrier in one. We also had the stroller that goes with it (super convenient to be able to just pull car seat out and snap into stroller). When he outgrew that one, we got the Graco Gros4me 4-in-1 car seat and also have really liked it.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
With each, the front passenger still had a few inches of knee space from dash, so comfortable enough even for long trips