jaja6009

Big Bend
First Name
Jamieson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am a proud owner of a Iconic Silver Bronco Sport, Big Bend. I have been breaking in the engine in a meticulous way, just got my car wash supplies and am about to schedule my first oil change to remove the original oil now that I am at 1500 miles. I have the 8 year ESP, so this is my car for the long haul.

Saturday a car hit me and 3 other cars while we were sitting at a traffic light. I have very minor damage to the passenger side bumper and fender area, but I really can't believe that I already have an accident vehicle.

Not that it would matter in this case since there is zero percent question about who was at fault, but Friday night I was being lazy and did not install my dashcam from my previous vehicle. It is now installed as I guess I needed some motivation.

Just letting off some steam to others.

Ford Bronco Sport Can't have anything nice.... PXL_20210710_141504325

My poor girl "Silvie" now has an appointment with the body shop.
Sponsored

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Boy that sucks

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Everytime someone gets too close to me, I want to yell " Don't hit me! Parts are too difficult to get!" Hoping yours is repaired quickly and good as new.
I've always parked as far out and safely as I could. Seems like there is always a jerk who wants to be funny and park near me just to do it. One guy parked so close I couldn't even access the passenger door, and the lot was empty other than my car and theirs. I'm pretty confident they understood why the driver side mirror was on the ground when they got back to their vehicle...don't mess with me :)

WarHorse1B

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Everytime someone gets too close to me, I want to yell " Don't hit me! Parts are too difficult to get!" Hoping yours is repaired quickly and good as new.
Thatā€™s what I tell my wife! lol If a window gets busted or someone hits us we are not gonna have a good time! Iā€™m debating on buying an extra set of tires. Just in case those get hard to find! Lol

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've always parked as far out and safely as I could. Seems like there is always a jerk who wants to be funny and park near me just to do it. One guy parked so close I couldn't even access the passenger door, and the lot was empty other than my car and theirs. I'm pretty confident they understood why the driver side mirror was on the ground when they got back to their vehicle...don't mess with me :)
@13MikeH is a gangsta !

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
@13MikeH is a gangsta !
I have a streak in me, won't deny it. I respect other people's vehicles as I respect mine. I take a lot of pride in keeping it clean and make an extra effort to keep it dent free...even if that includes a hulk smash as a reminder, don't park your heap against my door. ? I don't appreciate the prank and you won't appreciate the repercussions. I threw shot and discus in college...it's in my nature?

kicker

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am a proud owner of a Iconic Silver Bronco Sport, Big Bend. I have been breaking in the engine in a meticulous way, just got my car wash supplies and am about to schedule my first oil change to remove the original oil now that I am at 1500 miles. I have the 8 year ESP, so this is my car for the long haul.

Saturday a car hit me and 3 other cars while we were sitting at a traffic light. I have very minor damage to the passenger side bumper and fender area, but I really can't believe that I already have an accident vehicle.

Not that it would matter in this case since there is zero percent question about who was at fault, but Friday night I was being lazy and did not install my dashcam from my previous vehicle. It is now installed as I guess I needed some motivation.

kicker

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My Badlands got hit the same way. My husband was in mine, coming back from filling up my car, and some kid created an accident, whereby 2 other cars slid into my Kicker as he was at a full stop. ....airbags depoyed for everyone but the bronco. no good deed goes unpunished. Thank goodness everyone was ok, but for the bruised ego of the teenager who created the mess. This happened on Dec 8 (got Kicker in March '21) and guess what? I couldn't get in for an estimate before Dec 31. Then they booked me for Feb 8. They had the car for 6 weeks waiting for parts. it looks perfect now, but I get it. Make sure that you don't let the collision guys have your car til you have a confirmed delivery on all the parts. I had to drive a shitty VW Passat rental with a non operating trunk for 6 weeks. Let my experience be your guide..... it will come out looking great in the end.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Cosmetic. Wouldnā€™t call it an accident vehicle. It sucks for sure but it aint tainted.

hell. Even looks kind of bas ass. Like it got in a fight and won!

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Cosmetic. Wouldnā€™t call it an accident vehicle. It sucks for sure but it aint tainted.

hell. Even looks kind of bas ass. Like it got in a fight and won!
ā€œā€˜nothin ainā€™t cool ā€˜til you wear the new offā€

Joking, that sucks. A good body shop should be able to straighten that out and hopefully the plastic parts arenā€™t too far back ordered. Keep us posted.

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Well, I can relate a little. I allowed my husband to drive my loaded beautiful MKC Reserve just 2 days after picking it up. He was driving like a jerk and I told him NOT to try to go around the car in front of us who was turning. He did any way, hit the curb and badly scraped 2 of my rims.

To make it worse, I had splurged on the very expensive optional 21 inch low profile rims. They have a film on top of the steel, attempting to buff them would just make it worse.

The conclusion of this story...hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. šŸ˜”

I feel your pain and hope you get your baby fixed very soon!

MySoupIsTooHot

Outer Banks
First Name
Hilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport HPR

If they have to remove/replace the panel, make sure they don't just color match and spray one coat.

On my last car,Lincoln MKZ, I had the white Platinum Pearl tri-coat. One day, an Amazon 18wheeler decides to illegally shortcut down my residential road, and the rear end of the trail shredded the whole front end of my car into swiss cheese.

Anyway, car goes to the body shop, gets new panels, and painted to match. A couple months go buy and we got a big blizzard. I'm clearing the snow off of my car and slip on some ice and send the snow broom into the hood of my car and take off a few lines of paint from either edge of the broom - showing the black primer underneath. They didn't reapply a tri-coat, they did a singular coat of some surprisingly accurate color match.

There were other spots on the car where a branch had fallen or a rock had jumped up and chipped a small bit, but the signs were near invisible due to there being three coats of like-colored paint. The chip off the top meerly revealed a similar colored sub-layer, so overall, pretty difficult to see without close inspection, and entirely repairable twith a ford paint pen stick. But the hood was easily damaged because of the one coat of paint.

Make sure they don't cut corners.
Sponsored

Last edited: