Status
Not open for further replies.

Njia

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac XT5, Ford Escape
It looks like your belief is offended. Not believing an outlandish claim is not a belief, it’s a non belief. You have the outlandish claim- that the sky is falling/doomsday prophecy. You see the burden of proof is on the one with the outlandish claim. If you claim pigs can fly, you have to prove that claim. The burden of proven is not on the one calling bull.

Yes you are believing other peoples math and “data” that you haven’t calculated yourself. So yes you are thumping the sacred data of your religion that can’t be questioned. Data coming from Noah predicting a flood.. or NOAA predicting a flood. Just because you attach the word science behind an outlandish claim doesn’t make it science. What you mean to say is my dogma shows that global warming is real.
View attachment 4299
WTF are you talking about?
Sponsored

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
As for California, the point about that state's effort being irrelevant in terms of global impact is true; but it's also true that since it has the 5th largest economy in the world and the most people in the U.S., their policies carry a lot of weight in this country and globally. EVs are rapidly reaching cost parity with ICE vehicles in terms of $/kWh and will continue to improve. We're at a technological tipping point, or nearly so, where EVs will actually become lower cost. They're already higher performance in everything except range and convenience; they're also exceeding ICEs in terms of total lifetime ownership costs. By the time 2035 rolls around, it won't even be a contest.
Well said! Global warming is real and acknowledging we're reaping havoc on our environment is crucial so we can do something about it. Aside from any conspiracy theories mentioned and doom and gloom outlooks, I'm not going down that road (of what essential employee posted), what you say is relevant info regarding the vehicles, in that California is getting the ball rolling and recognizes EVs have a place, and that lowering the costs is crucial as their performance is exceptional from what I gather. Thanks for summarizing the main points.

And it is the public steering this movement (publicly traded companies), supply and demand is at play, another option is at the table, that's what was mentioned.... if EVs are an attractive product at the right costs, then let people buy :) . I believe gas and oil companies already get gov. subsidies so let's not kid ourselves EVs haven't had roadblocks but the fact that a publicly traded company is getting the investments they need to make EVs a reality.... shall be it. Public officials in CA see the benefits to at turning a conversation into action about investing in our future. I'm all for it. 2035 is 15 years away, not tomorrow but enough of a window to at least consider EVs and other alternatives as viable options. Technology, costs, and the market will decide.

*time to shift my focus back on BS and yes, hoping an EV that is in my price range and can meet some 4x4 needs will be had in the future. Right now, the BS is one sic vehicle for what it's designed for.

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
The difference between belief and science. Complicated subject for some to grasp
Yeah, but denialism is easy to grasp. Classic symptoms verified.

Can you link some of the equipment you are using and also state how much foot print you needed to get to the cost you are at?
https://sunwatts.com/400-watt-q-cells-q-peak-duo-l-g5-2-mono-xl-solar-panel/
https://www.chiliconpower.com/index.html#Info Microinverters CP-720
https://www.chiliconpower.com/index.html#Info Cortex GATEWAY
https://www.ironridge.com/tilt-mount/

Area required is related to codes. I have a flat roof, so I need space to walk between rows of panels and area around the panels for access and safety. For me, this is about 400 ft2. Normally it would be the area of the panels only (260 ft2)

Most of today's solar is designed to produce power for 20+ years and yes, the panels degrade a little, every year (~85% by year 20) . I'm sure there will be some costs along the way, but replacement costs are continually going down and efficiency going up. Much of a panel is also recyclable (glass, aluminum frame, cables). It's easy to recycle such "trash", just like the left over aluminum and copper cable scraps from my install.

OffTheGrid

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
why not Mars? Because they “lost the tech to go to the moon and it’s a painful process to build it back up” why would it be easier for Elon to send people to Mars than it is for nasa to send people to the moon? Throwing money at a space program doesn’t make a space program necessary. Doomsday prophecies make a space program necessary.

It is exciting for people who believe the billionaire super hero’s problem-reaction-solution. Spending their money producing an augmented reality for you to perceive. Doomsday prophets that defy themselves as super scientists. Straws are evil. Gas is evil. Being closer than 6 feet is evil. So while you are on the edge of your seat in excitement just know you are getting excited over cartoons and graphs with “data” of villains and super hero’s saving you from it, not reality.

Curious if you’re excited for the worldwide green agenda to save the world, are you also excited for the worldwide lockdown to save the world.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with electric anything but don’t say we need it to save the world from a change in climate. There is nothing wrong with washing your hands but don’t say it’s because we will kill each other if we touch our face with dirty hands.

Elon Musk and Bill Gates can have all the virtual meetings and virtual reality they want. I’m buying a gas powered vehicle that I will use after the year 2035. If California bans driving gas vehicles then that will be another reason many people will stay away. And that’s sad. The new normal is sad. Inundated constantly, daily with false threats is sad.

Can the sell of gas powered cars be end over night? If the public school system can be shut down over night.. yes anything can. Will there be any resistance? Of course, but if it’s as little as the opposition to the new normal then it won’t matter will it. Sad. I would be fine with a capable all electric bronco sport but I’m personally not fine with having decisions forced on society stemming from a media hyped augmented reality.
Im in favor of having a choice

The real point is regardless of fiction or non fiction...we the people will end up footing the bill to revamp the system

Pay at the pump
Pay at the outlet
Pay your home electric bill
Pay more at the dealership
Pay more registration.
Pay more insurance

People will be forced to buy used vehicles simply out of cost.

Anyone remember Cuba how old those cars are still in use?

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
Google Batteries for hybrid or electric cars. Making and disposing batteries for these vehicles produce more pollution that driving gas cars...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.