JSPrater

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Aviator // 2022 Bronco Sport
New here, I leased a BS Big Bend last week. I'm having a bull bar with lights installed by my Ford dealership this week. Having read forum posts on the strength of tow hooks or lack thereof, what should I expect from the bull bar as a tow point.
Sponsored

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Welcome aboard.
From what I've read -- it's NOT a tow point. I may be wrong, and if I am I'm sure I'll hear about it, but I'd say there's no safe tow point on the front end, sorry to say.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
New here, I leased a BS Big Bend last week. I'm having a bull bar with lights installed by my Ford dealership this week. Having read forum posts on the strength of tow hooks or lack thereof, what should I expect from the bull bar as a tow point.
There's a difference between towing and recovering. You might get away with attaching a tow rope to a bull bar as long as you take extreme care to avoid slack in the tow rope/strap/chain. Even a slight yank on the rope/strap/chain will almost certainly bend the bar or its attachment(s) to the vehicle.

Recovery, on the other hand, often requires use of a winch (on the recovery vehicle) and/or kinetic rope, which can apply many times the vehicle's weight to the attachment point. The bull bar is absolutely inadequate for use as a recovery point. The first good yank will likely just pull the bar right off your car.

OP
OP
JSPrater

JSPrater

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Aviator // 2022 Bronco Sport
Thanks for your response. I sorta figured that was gonna be the answer. Putting the bar and lights on for looks.
Sponsored