dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
From my Jeep JK Wrangler experience here in Houston -- plastic black fender flares will fade (quickly) in the hot Texas sun UNLESS you use Flood Penetrol (buy at Home Depot and goggle/glove up to apply directly to plastic...) to maintain the black finish.
Sponsored

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
From my Jeep JK Wrangler experience here in Houston -- plastic black fender flares will fade (quickly) in the hot Texas sun UNLESS you use Flood Penetrol (buy at Home Depot and goggle/glove up to apply directly to plastic...) to maintain the black finish.
I think that's why one set is paintable. Thank you for the info, I will take it to heart.

leosweetly

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia
Wondering why the Yakima roof Crossbars are $320 while on Yakima's site they're $220.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Wondering why the Yakima roof Crossbars are $320 while on Yakima's site they're $220.
The $220 is just for the crossbars. It does not include how they clamp to roof rack. The ford installed version is probably closer to the TimberLine system that starts at $354. I was thinking the same as you so I did more digging.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
The $220 is just for the crossbars. It does not include how they clamp to roof rack. The ford installed version is probably closer to the TimberLine system that starts at $354. I was thinking the same as you so I did more digging.
Thanks for looking. I noted there is a difference in appearance (I think Ford is black, Yakima is silver). I don't know about strength.

Still noting that the LockNLoad is not an option. As we have noted, maybe not great since it is so heavy.

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
For the last few days, I cant get into BL build & price. It just spins. I can build other models.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
For the last few days, I cant get into BL build & price. It just spins. I can build other models.
When I first noticed changes to BS B AND P... The changes were only listed for Base through Banks... they may be updating the coding on Badlands through First Edition now as they are their own animal in a way.

nyhcinaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
I just found today that with the badlands package you can no longer add copilot 360 assist+ did something change or is it another glitch?

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
I just found today that with the badlands package you can no longer add copilot 360 assist+ did something change or is it another glitch?
We all believe it's a glitch since they rebuilt that part of the website.

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
So fender flares are shown on an FE but they are not std or an option in the B+P? Weird. Hope they figure out all this stuff before mine starts production on Dec 7th.

Albannach

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
My dealer tells me many of the items , such as the moonroof, fender flares and Co-Pilot 360 are now standard on the Badlands, that is why they are not showing as options.

Last edited:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I was staring at these images yesterday as well and thought I came to the same conclusion. Not much of a flare. Easy decision to leave off. Glad someone else agrees.
I saw that Ford Accessories now has the fender flare (by AirDesign) listed: https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/covers-and-protectors/moulding-13009.html

Cost is $449. Seems expensive.

Apparently, you can start to hunt for accessories for the Bronco Sport. The vehicle is not listed as available for a filter (My Vehicle) but you can hunt down individual accessories and see then click View Compatible Vehicles to see if the Sport is listed.

Maybe this should become a project for us, to develop a list of accessories. Because Ford is not making it easy...
Sponsored