Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Yeah, I'm going to guess that is about $78,000 MSRP. It competes with the BS, but it's competing with two at that price!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Someone made a great point... Most jeep enthusiasts modify their own jeeps to higher standards and capability beyond anything this Xtreme package offers...but hey, some rich person will roll into the dealership and get one beefy grocery wagon for their urban cruise and feel all that if not for a moment should they miss the concrete apron and touch grass on their way into the garage.?
And I can confirm this, my sister has a white Sahara...said it wasn't for off roading, it's for taking the top off, looking cool, and handling snow if she needs it. This is common.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Agreed. And you technical off roaders help me out, but the specs look just barely above the Broncos. What’s on paper and what happens out in the field? I think we saw that on another thread with the BSport vs cherokee trailhawk. So meh. They are about 80 ba jillion wranglers out there. Bet this will blend in just fine.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Absolutely. And we have some SERIOUS outfitters near me and if it's not covered in mud, it came from a dealership repair. They build em up and run them the way they were intended. It's a different breed and this trim isn't what they want.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Jeep has only one solution to compete with the bronco, bigger tires and a lift. Maybe it's time to go back to the drawing board Jeep
Good point but I'd be disappointed if they did. Jeep and especially wrangler is an icon. Don't mess with what's working and there is a huge cult following. Broncos will build the same with the new bronco line. More is coming...sport and full bronco aren't the end of this.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
The Bronco and the Wrangler have two different approaches to offroading. The Jeep is pretty much a dedicated rock crawler, while the Bronco leans more toward high speed offroad.

There's isn't as much high speed offroading up here in the sierras so you'll likely see less Broncos up here than say down south. The folks up here doing high speed offroading are in those little lightweight built up quads or bikes.

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm not saying change the wrangler it's time to innovate. It would be weird if the wrangler looked different... In fact the 4 door was quite weird to see at first but now when I see a 2 door it looks tiny and weird.
yep understood. I guess I am just a traditionalist. I like the old/the proven. I know things have changed a lot. The wrangler is just a classic and does what it was intended to do. Good point on the four door. A buddy in college had a 2 door, no heat, no anything, it was a junk heap but hey, college kids. Looking at what my sister has...it's come a long way. Still room to improve a lot but creature comforts aren't on their priority list from what I've seen. It rides rough, the back seats are a challenge to get in, removing doors is a ton of work compared to the full bronco. A lot they could do... but it's not my concern or problem :)

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Gonna be a king of the off road war between Wrangler and big Bronco. This is great for the consumer cause both are going to improve to try and grab market share. Jeep going to try and improve their small off road SUVs because Bronco Sports, once Ford can get production up, is going to bite hard into Jeep small SUV sales. And Jeep is not just gonna lay back and lose those sales without trying to improve and trying to sway buyers. Ford does not like being number two so they will strive to be top dog for sure.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Gonna be a king of the off road war between Wrangler and big Bronco. This is great for the consumer cause both are going to improve to try and grab market share. Jeep going to try and improve their small off road SUVs because Bronco Sports, once Ford can get production up, is going to bite hard into Jeep small SUV sales. And Jeep is not just gonna lay back and lose those sales without trying to improve and trying to sway buyers. Ford does not like being number two so they will strive to be top dog for sure.
And that will be good for everyone.
Sponsored