Bronco Celebration starts at 10:00AM EDT

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I saw where shipments were starting today. I guess the BS chips got diverted to the big brother!

Dan

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport (on the way!)
Wonder what is going to be about. I swear if they announce anything about the 2022 having a hybrid Iā€™m canceling my order ?

OP
OP

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Wonder what is going to be about. I swear if they announce anything about the 2022 having a hybrid Iā€™m canceling my order ?
There are rumors that an electric bronco is being developed.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
BYO chips

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Donā€™t be hating the electric bronco, we need something to trounce that tesla truck. And it will.
So what if you can only drive it 250 miles and need to bring a generator to charge it! Lol

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Donā€™t be hating the electric bronco, we need something to trounce that tesla truck. And it will.
So what if you can only drive it 250 miles and need to bring a generator to charge it! Lol
Point taken...but how far can you go on gas? And I know for fact they size the fuel tanks to ensure you still make your stops. That said I am not opposed to E-V once they have enough charging infrastructure, it's a matter of time before it's a full tilt shift and someone finds a way to make billions off charging stations.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Point taken...but how far can you go on gas? And I know for fact they size the fuel tanks to ensure you still make your stops. That said I am not opposed to E-V once they have enough charging infrastructure, it's a matter of time before it's a full tilt shift and someone finds a way to make billions off charging stations.
100% bro I was just trying to make something that somebody would laugh at I saw that full electric mustang at the dealer when I got my bronco and it was amazing plus, all the torque and power of those electric engines like the Audi E Tron standard like 553 hp or something crazy Iā€™m full on with electric when It gets affordable and safe enough. I donā€™t wanna hear any more stories of cars bursting into flames but will just let the Teslaā€˜s burst in the flames and have the Fords driving over them.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
100% bro I was just trying to make something that somebody would laugh at I saw that full electric mustang at the dealer when I got my bronco and it was amazing plus, all the torque and power of those electric engines like the Audi E Tron standard like 553 hp or something crazy Iā€™m full on with electric when It gets affordable and safe enough. I donā€™t wanna hear any more stories of cars bursting into flames but will just let the Teslaā€˜s burst in the flames and have the Fords driving over them.
Absolutely! I like the gas engine. What they can do with these EV is crazy. We saw a Mach E...they look ridiculous until you get in it. Amazing. Just wish they'd call it Mach E no mustang..it's not a mustang. You hit the bigger points on reliability etc. My son who's obsessed with Tesla's, he's not sure he'd actually buy one. He likes the deep throttle mustang sounds too much

OP
OP

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Just doesn't make sense for mass production. Anyone that states they are better for the environment have no clue what they are talking about.
1. Elements used to make best batteries right now are very rare and require strip mining.
2. Polymer is used to make batteries lighter- Polymer comes from fossil fuels.
3. Most electricity in US comes from fossil fuels.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just doesn't make sense for mass production. Anyone that states they are better for the environment have no clue what they are talking about.
1. Elements used to make best batteries right now are very rare and require strip mining.
2. Polymer is used to make batteries lighter- Polymer comes from fossil fuels.
3. Most electricity in US comes from fossil fuels.
Amen!!! I love the billboard the oil companies put out showing a north face puffer jacket...pointed out how much fossil fuels were used to keep you warm and stylish. I would argue, emissions are a major contribution to air quality. While it takes fossils to make components, burning it in millions of cars is just more...say EV cuts consumption in half..is that worth it? And for the record I am not a bunny loving tree hugger marching on DC...I'm with zero cool...I'm interested but I want reliability and long term production.

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek

Dan

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport (on the way!)
Absolutely! I like the gas engine. What they can do with these EV is crazy. We saw a Mach E...they look ridiculous until you get in it. Amazing. Just wish they'd call it Mach E no mustang..it's not a mustang. You hit the bigger points on reliability etc. My son who's obsessed with Tesla's, he's not sure he'd actually buy one. He likes the deep throttle mustang sounds too much
Would of made way more sense if they made the Mustang Mach E just a regular Mustang but electric, but I see where they came from by making it a crossover, first off itā€™ll take a few customers away from Tesla who want an electric fun to drive crossover, but are worried the Tesla service centers will take months to repair any damage. Secondly, it brings back the Mustang buyers who owned one in their twenties but are now grandparents or parents and want the same feel and style but canā€™t make the two door work for them. And lastly (I promise! ?) by putting the beloved Mustang name on an electric car that is really their first mass produced EV, they show they arenā€™t messing around when it comes to electrification where it used to be just compliance cars to keep emissions down and usually were very boring and basic and pretty much just golf carts.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Would of made way more sense if they made the Mustang Mach E just a regular Mustang but electric, but I see where they came from by making it a crossover, first off itā€™ll take a few customers away from Tesla who want an electric fun to drive crossover, but are worried the Tesla service centers will take months to repair any damage. Secondly, it brings back the Mustang buyers who owned one in their twenties but are now grandparents or parents and want the same feel and style but canā€™t make the two door work for them. And lastly (I promise! ?) by putting the beloved Mustang name on an electric car that is really their first mass produced EV, they show they arenā€™t messing around when it comes to electrification where it used to be just compliance cars to keep emissions down and usually were very boring and basic and pretty much just golf carts.
Oh I get it and I THINK you have a solid perspective. Personally either make it LOOK like the mustang, and EV or don't bother. Stand alone as a new vehicle the MACH E it would have been just fine as an EV crossover. I don't like the bastardized rear end with the mustang nose. Just make it a new vehicle and hype it as a crossover between the mustang power and prominence and new EV technology. I think in many ways they offended long time mustang fans...the one we saw had an all glass roof...man was that cool. The electronic gadgetry was pretty amazing. I say make the mustang all electric and call it Mustang E...don't mix. but hey...I just buy em I don't get to plan them.
Sponsored