xred5x

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Well finally after nearly 9 months of waiting our custom order BL with BL package arrived!

Promptly put the bike rack on which ensured the rear sensors don’t work and got it dirty!

We’re pretty happy and impressed with how It drives and performs!

The dealership was awesome, threw in paint protection at no cost to me and put a set of 245 Toyo AT3’s right out the gate instead of the stock tires!

We aren’t sure what to name her yet but so far thinking of the “shorter bus” since our old Fj cruiser was the “short bus” ?

Not sure what mods to follow but maybe some kind of lightbar!

Ford Bronco Sport BL finally arrived EAD7C045-EF0E-4586-A0FB-487DD67347C8
Ford Bronco Sport BL finally arrived 01A52E8E-7A62-4422-817A-923A2F5127E1
Ford Bronco Sport BL finally arrived F8839AC4-635F-47D3-AF03-9C87809876EB
Ford Bronco Sport BL finally arrived 347E2039-8D2C-4A6E-8D71-DF3A98CF5CB9
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Well finally after nearly 9 months of waiting our custom order BL with BL package arrived!

Promptly put the bike rack on which ensured the rear sensors don’t work and got it dirty!

The dealership was awesome, threw in paint protection at no cost to me and put a set of 245 Toyo AT3’s right out the gate instead of the stock tires!

We aren’t sure what to name her yet but so far thinking of the “shorter bus” since our old Fj cruiser was the “short bus” ?

Short bus! :crackup:

Did you get rid of your Cruiser? We are keeping ours, even though it is the older car, and trading in a 2017 BMW. We just cannot part with Bessie (our FJ Cruiser).

OP
OP
xred5x

xred5x

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Short bus! :crackup:

Did you get rid of your Cruiser? We are keeping ours, even though it is the older car, and trading in a 2017 BMW. We just cannot part with Bessie (our FJ Cruiser).

Yup unfortunately we let our FJ go in 2014. We had moved to a remote community where there was no 4x4’ng and whenever we would leave we would take our F150 to load up on groceries and supplies. The salt air from the ocean was doing a number on our FJ as it was just sitting not getting used.

That FJ is the one vehicle of many over the years that we actually miss! That thing had full 3/16” steel skids and I had even put an onboard air compressor under the hood for airing up and down!

We considered the big bronco but now our lifestyle is less 4x4’ng to get to the backcountry and more mountain biking or gravel biking into the back country. The vehicle is a way to get us to the trailheads now with some light 4x4’ng and I think our new “shorter bus” will be more than adequate!! ?

So far my wife, daughter and I are pretty stoked with it! I don’t know quite what I expected but it drives much better than I thought it would. It drives and feels more like my F150 than the Escape that was traded into get it!

Have you done any mods to your FJ? After all the mods I did I was lucky to get 350km/218miles out of a tank of fuel on straight highway driving! Lol

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yup unfortunately we let our FJ go in 2014. We had moved to a remote community where there was no 4x4’ng and whenever we would leave we would take our F150 to load up on groceries and supplies. The salt air from the ocean was doing a number on our FJ as it was just sitting not getting used.

That FJ is the one vehicle of many over the years that we actually miss! That thing had full 3/16” steel skids and I had even put an onboard air compressor under the hood for airing up and down!

We considered the big bronco but now our lifestyle is less 4x4’ng to get to the backcountry and more mountain biking or gravel biking into the back country. The vehicle is a way to get us to the trailheads now with some light 4x4’ng and I think our new “shorter bus” will be more than adequate!! ?

So far my wife, daughter and I are pretty stoked with it! I don’t know quite what I expected but it drives much better than I thought it would. It drives and feels more like my F150 than the Escape that was traded into get it!

Have you done any mods to your FJ? After all the mods I did I was lucky to get 350km/218miles out of a tank of fuel on straight highway driving! Lol
Lights and tires. Other than that stock. We bought it fully loaded with locking diff, etc. That is one thing about the FJ is that it is a beast stock. And did not need a snorkel. We are lucky that with Vegas being no humidity, on snow, no salt and little rain and keeping Bessie in the garage when she is not out, she has no rust underneath at all. And amazingly very little paint damage after 10 years. Very few repairs. Struts and when the A Trac button got stuck pressed in. Again it is a beast and a tank. We love the fact it has very little tech in it. Really just the temperature gauge and the back up camera. Other than that, it is a no nav, turn the knob for AC, manual seat real off reader. Course the dogs make the interior plastic look like we housed two leopards!

It does eat gas but we dont mind :sunglasses:

Many people keep trying to buy her for more than we paid back in 2011. Shocking. It has become a classic.

So at first we were going to turn in the FJ for the BS, but instead we are turning in the sport car. Our FJ has many more miles left in her.

Last edited:

OP
OP
xred5x

xred5x

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Lights and tires. Other than that stock. We bought it fully loaded with locking diff, etc. That is one thing about the FJ is that it is a beast stock. And did not need a snorkel. We are lucky that with Vegas being no humidity, on snow, no salt and little rain and keeping Bessie in the garage when she is not out, she has no rust underneath at all. And amazingly very little paint damage after 10 years. Very few repairs. Struts and when the A Trac button got stuck pressed in. Again it is a beast and a tank. We love the fact it has very little tech in it. Really just the temperature gauge and the back up camera. Other than that, it is a no nav, turn the knob for AC, manual seat real off reader. Course the dogs make the interior plastic look like we housed two leopards!

It does eat gas but we dont mind :sunglasses:

Many people keep trying to buy her for more than we paid back in 2011. Shocking. It has become a classic.

So at first we were going to turn in the FJ for the BS, but instead we are turning in the sport car. Our FJ has many more miles left in her.
Yup that thing is a bit of a tank off-road and a lot of fun! I wish we had kept it but such is life.
I like that the BS is rubberized inside and with our mtb stuff going in and out it will get muddy like the FJ did and we have a dog as well so another point for the BS as well.
Looking forward to getting the BS out off-road at some point in the near future as well, not the same stuff I took the FJ into but the BS will get us into some new areas and it definitely has better road manners than our FJ did

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Great looking lake! Congrats on it finally arriving.

TMaze

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

Love it! Finally picked my BL up on Saturday after 9 months also! It's like we delivered a kid (well, picked one up)!

OP
OP
xred5x

xred5x

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Love it! Finally picked my BL up on Saturday after 9 months also! It's like we delivered a kid (well, picked one up)!
So far we’re absolutely loving it!
Learning all the new tech in it but love how it drives and handles.
Ford has done a great job of making the BS feel bigger than it is, I drive it then my 2013 F150 and I feel like the BS drives much more like a truck than a car. Our BS replaced a 2015 Escape and I love driving the BS and I was “indifferent” about the Escape.
We bike and hike a lot so loving rubberized the interior! Trying not to get it that messy yet but I’m sure it won’t be long!
So far we’ve got just over 1000km on it and the only thing I’ve noticed is when we were parked off camber and the vehicle was a bit twisted, the tailgate wasn’t opening and closing properly.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
So far we’re absolutely loving it!
Learning all the new tech in it but love how it drives and handles.
Ford has done a great job of making the BS feel bigger than it is, I drive it then my 2013 F150 and I feel like the BS drives much more like a truck than a car. Our BS replaced a 2015 Escape and I love driving the BS and I was “indifferent” about the Escape.
We bike and hike a lot so loving rubberized the interior! Trying not to get it that messy yet but I’m sure it won’t be long!
So far we’ve got just over 1000km on it and the only thing I’ve noticed is when we were parked off camber and the vehicle was a bit twisted, the tailgate wasn’t opening and closing properly.
Thanks for the review, about exactly what I thought from my test and hope ultimately that the feel is much more little truck than raised hatchback, as my favorite vehicle so far was my 2007 F150. I just need a small city car, so the BS seems about perfect. Surely this bodes well for the Maverick too, being quite the truck with quite the capability in a smaller size.
Sponsored