Big Bend....Loving It, But?

bajheritagereb

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport
Mike, thanks for note....yeah I mean I don't mind a few things here and there, right, that's part of owning something you like, just didn't want a disaster looming.....wonder if I can find out my build date? Is that on the door panel? Thanks again. I am not going to do anything drastic and just enjoy it and keep on top of it! I'm laughing because I also have a 1994 Grady White and I trust that 100 times more than a lot of the newer build factory boats..nohting but confidence in it....maintenance of course is key.
The build date is on the window sticker. Look at the bottom below the Total MSRP and you should see a date.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
Year model cars come out in September. So as stated in the post above any major problems with Bronco Sports 1.5 motor was corrected after September of 2022.

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just over 20k on mine with no issues. 5k oil changes. Like others have said check coolant. Before any of my monthly work trips I pop the hood and give it a look over.

No regrets here getting the 1.5, it does just fine even in the NC/SC hills. Only feels underpowered when I give it the beans going 75+mph to pass, even then once it gets going 90+ comes quickly enough.

My old escape had the exact same engine, I think I did something like 32k+ miles on it before selling. Again zero issues and again 5k oil changes. Not sure if my premature maintenance schedule really did anything but it certainly can't hurt.
Agree with that. No problems with my '21. I do check the coolant like they say and it does drop from time to time, I just add some and go along. The dealer says there is nothing wrong and it isn't on any recall lists as of now. I find it is plenty peppy, I drive through mountains at freeways speeds in N Az all the time and have had no problems. Do need to shift to normal or sport for the hills and learn to wait for the turbo to kick in. But overall I like it plenty. Good so far in sands of Mexico and snows of Flagstaff.

MDwayne

Big Bend
First Name
MDwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 18 Zion SRT, 73 VW Super Beetle
Hi, I'm loving my new 2023 Big Bend. ...

Want to love my Big Bend, but if anyone has 1.5 3 cylinder troubles, please share!
I know it's almost a month since you posted, but wanted to add my 2¢. I've driven my BB through a full Canadian winter: blizzards, unplowed roads, freezing rain, ice rinks for roads, snow plow banks, all of it. I had no worries. The last time I felt that comfortable in the winter was about ten years ago in my big old Ford Expedition that weighed about as much as my house.

OP
OP

pressure23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
highlander
I know it's almost a month since you posted, but wanted to add my 2¢. I've driven my BB through a full Canadian winter: blizzards, unplowed roads, freezing rain, ice rinks for roads, snow plow banks, all of it. I had no worries. The last time I felt that comfortable in the winter was about ten years ago in my big old Ford Expedition that weighed about as much as my house.
Love it! Thanks.

MTBiker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Wildtrak from Colombia
Hi, I'm loving my new 2023 Big Bend. I find it responsive, peppy and plenty fun. Just like the ride of it. Historically have been in lots of Highlanders and minivans. But I'm getting worried reading about the issues with the 3 cylinder 1.5. To me it's plenty of power. I don't plan on doing intense off roading, but want it capable in snow and on the beach and from what I understand it is. Should I worry about this 1.5? I didn't realize there was a 2.0 trim out there. Want to love my Big Bend, but if anyone has 1.5 3 cylinder troubles, please share!
Chill out, don't over think it. Enjoy your new BB. Chances of any issues are close to none.

strckerie

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
@MDwayne...

This makes me look forward to this coming first winter with our BB. Planning on buying a set of Blizzaks too for tackling these NW Pennsylvania lake effect winters.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
@MDwayne...

This makes me look forward to this coming first winter with our BB. Planning on buying a set of Blizzaks too for tackling these NW Pennsylvania lake effect winters.
Great tire, had those the past four winters, changing for my new BS, and purchased Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV. Rated slightly better. Haven’t read that chapter just yet. Time will tell.

strckerie

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Great tire, had those the past four winters, changing for my new BS, and purchased Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV. Rated slightly better. Haven’t read that chapter just yet. Time will tell.
We had Blizzaks on our 2014 Explorer for several years, so did not consider any others for the BS. Thanks for the info, will need to consider these too.
We had a super mild, for us anyway, winter last year. We may pay for it this winter...
Sponsored