Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 NotaFord
  • Banned
What are the “must have” low buck upgrades for Bronco Sport?? I won’t put a specific dollar cap but try and keep it roughly in the free to $150 range…

My S/O ordered her Bronco Sport Outer Banks A51/Navy Pier and it’s now in production! As the car enthusiast of the household I think I’m more excited than she is and it’s my duty to make sure that it is dialed in with some QOL upgrades once it arrives.

To get the ideas flowing I’ll share some relatively inexpensive but high-reward upgrades from other vehicles I’ve had:
-LED reverse lights
-Tint front windows
-clear headlight film(prevent pitting and UV degradation off the plastic aka haze), -Pro-clip phone holder
-There always seem to be lots of cheap vehicle-specific mods/hacks/retrofits/additions
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The nylon plug I jammed into the driver door keyhole so I stopped looking at the chrome, the ONLY chrome, part on the car that will 99.9% never ever get used. Under $2.
Ford Bronco Sport Best low-buck mods and upgrades img_20210528_210956466-

I have subsequently learned that you can buy actual plugs made for this. Also, there sort of is another chrome part... but you can cover that too! Bwah ha ha! Found these door latch covers.
Ford Bronco Sport Best low-buck mods and upgrades s-l1600

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The nylon plug I jammed into the driver door keyhole so I stopped looking at the chrome, the ONLY chrome, part on the car that will 99.9% never ever get used. Under $2.
Ford Bronco Sport Best low-buck mods and upgrades img_20210528_210956466-

I have subsequently learned that you can buy actual plugs made for this. Also, there sort of is another chrome part... but you can cover that too! Bwah ha ha! Found these door latch covers.
Ford Bronco Sport Best low-buck mods and upgrades s-l1600
Do you have a link for the dedicated door lock plugs?

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
OP
OP

el_barto

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 NotaFord
  • Banned
Ooo the hood struts is a good one! I didn’t realize the BS had a prop rod.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Do you have a link for the dedicated door lock plugs?
No, I've just seen that type of thing for sale. Redline even has a kit to remove the lock cylinder completely sold as a theft deterrent device. I got a plug from the misc hardware bins at Ace and trimmed most of the 'barbs' off so it holds in but doesn't prevent the handle from operating. I can press it out if I actually needed to use the lock. This isn't exactly what I got, but it is the closest thing I see with a search
https://www.amazon.com/Suiwotin-Plastic-Tubing-Furniture-Finishing/dp/B08H7FG21W

If you want a paint matched plug, I think you can get a can of touch up paint and find a way to work this on there
https://www.homedepot.com/p/5-8-in-Metal-Hole-Plug-807788/204273765
Sponsored