DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
I have plans for exterior lighting and a GMRS radio in my Bronco Sport Badlands, but have been waiting for a power/relay control system before installing anything. I picked up the Auxbeam AR-800 from Amazon because I didn't feel like spending over $500 on an sPod or SwitchPro. This thing is surprisingly feature filled for the price. Features such as Bluetooth, momentary switch operation, switch grouping, and RGB. Just make sure to function test all the relays before fully installing it.

The logic board in this thing runs off a fused 12V low amp line. It's meant to run on accessory power so that the switch panel and relays only operate when the car is on. This is fine with me, as the board doesn't have a low voltage disconnect in case the battery drains too low. BUT, I still wanted the option to have camp lights on when the car is off... So not pictured is a 3-way toggle switch I installed in the interior fuse box that switches the source from accessory power to constant on power.

I ran the 12V logic power line through the passenger side firewall into the interior fusebox. I fished the RBG switch panel into the cab from the driver side door grommet. I did the driver door grommet first. Had I known it was so easy to poke through the firewall wiring harness boots, I would have done both cables that way. The door grommet route is a pain.

As seen in the pics, I used the included L bracket and mounted the relay panel in the fender well using an existing panel bolt, and a self tapping screw. The hot side 60A breaker is screwed into the top of the engine bay fuse box cover. PSA: Tapping into the engine bay fuse box for anything aftermarket is pretty much impossible. The 12V line to the interior fuse box is routed through the blue wire shroud. I will expand upon that blue shrouding once I start adding lights.

Overall, I'm super happy with how clean the install looks. The switch panel buttons don't have any stickers on them yet, but with the RGB set to blue on the lowest brightness it looks practically OEM. Can't wait to start populating this thing with lights and accessories.

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_171253661.MP

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_203838274

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_230411729
Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_213132051

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_204302216

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_224535585
Sponsored

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Very clean looking. Great job.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have plans for exterior lighting and a GMRS radio in my Bronco Sport Badlands, but have been waiting for a power/relay control system before installing anything. I picked up the Auxbeam AR-800 from Amazon because I didn't feel like spending over $500 on an sPod or SwitchPro. This thing is surprisingly feature filled for the price. Features such as Bluetooth, momentary switch operation, switch grouping, and RGB. Just make sure to function test all the relays before fully installing it.

The logic board in this thing runs off a fused 12V low amp line. It's meant to run on accessory power so that the switch panel and relays only operate when the car is on. This is fine with me, as the board doesn't have a low voltage disconnect in case the battery drains too low. BUT, I still wanted the option to have camp lights on when the car is off... So not pictured is a 3-way toggle switch I installed in the interior fuse box that switches the source from accessory power to constant on power.

I ran the 12V logic power line through the passenger side firewall into the interior fusebox. I fished the RBG switch panel into the cab from the driver side door grommet. I did the driver door grommet first. Had I known it was so easy to poke through the firewall wiring harness boots, I would have done both cables that way. The door grommet route is a pain.

As seen in the pics, I used the included L bracket and mounted the relay panel in the fender well using an existing panel bolt, and a self tapping screw. The hot side 60A breaker is screwed into the top of the engine bay fuse box cover. PSA: Tapping into the engine bay fuse box for anything aftermarket is pretty much impossible. The 12V line to the interior fuse box is routed through the blue wire shroud. I will expand upon that blue shrouding once I start adding lights.

Overall, I'm super happy with how clean the install looks. The switch panel buttons don't have any stickers on them yet, but with the RGB set to blue on the lowest brightness it looks practically OEM. Can't wait to start populating this thing with lights and accessories.

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_171253661.MP

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_203838274

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_230411729
Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_213132051

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_204302216

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20220702_224535585
Really like that you don't need to drill a gigantic hole in the dash to mount it in

J45

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for sharing. This is smooth. Did the split loom come with it or did u have to get that? What size and length was used? What wasnā€™t included in the box?

OP
OP
DirtyLuke

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Thanks for sharing. This is smooth. Did the split loom come with it or did u have to get that? What size and length was used? What wasnā€™t included in the box?
No, I picked it up from Home Depot. 3/4" I believe. Also picked up corresponding loop mounts, and self tapping screws to mount it all.

J45

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ok so Iā€™ve got some questions for you and hopefully info for future people.
First the access through the passenger firewall. The boot. How did you fish through it? Did you literally poke a new hole in the jacket/boot?

Iā€™m 10/10 jealous of the access you have there. I have a 2022 Big Bend and donā€™t have that level of access - pic attached.
It might be easier for me to push through from inside the car and remove the glove box door and related panels. Either way - not happening tonight.

questions (if you can help)
1. Did you use the boot or add a new hole?
2. How or what did you use to fish?
3. Can you share a pic of the fuse panel? I think itā€™s recommended to use spot 3 for accessory power?

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install CCAC55B5-F00A-4A02-8BDD-8CDC88C817FE

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install 275E43E2-491F-42B6-BFF2-5F17CCADC17C

Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install F29BB908-0CD5-4CB4-B361-C73DD6D4CBEA

Jersey-Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Really like that you don't need to drill a gigantic hole in the dash to mount it in
I have a 22 badlands and also live in NJ (South Orange) - would love to see the install in person if possible

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
So,
When is the Sentient A. I. Going in ?
U gotta get it ready for SKYNET and Cyberdyne Systems uplinks.
:ā€™P

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have a 22 badlands and also live in NJ (South Orange) - would love to see the install in person if possible
šŸ˜± First off, I was born and raised in the Montrose section of South Orange šŸ™Œ However, I'm not the op of thread, so this install wasn't mine. If it was I'd have no problem meeting up cause I'm usually in SO or Maplewood every couple weeks, coincidentally that was yesterday.

thatsmyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So not pictured is a 3-way toggle switch I installed in the interior fuse box that switches the source from accessory power to constant on power.
Hey there,
Would you mind giving me some information and/or photos on how you created the wiring for the switch to accessory power? Im looking to have the lighting available with the engine turned off as well. Eventually, I will be looking for solutions on how to use a solar generator as the house battery as well.
Thanks for any help!

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Did you ever add any lights or accessories? Iā€™m looking to get the same unit and want to add lights all around my roof basket so I can have 360 degrees of camping light. Iā€™m concerned about the power numbers I am seeing on some of the lights I am finding and am curious what people are running.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
Did you ever add any lights or accessories? Iā€™m looking to get the same unit and want to add lights all around my roof basket so I can have 360 degrees of camping light. Iā€™m concerned about the power numbers I am seeing on some of the lights I am finding and am curious what people are running.
I was in the same boat as you regarding amps. A lot of the places I have been looking online at dont tell you what the amps are per light/pair so I found this site that helps you convert to amp. Just put in the watts and then 12 for volts and it tells you the amps. Works as I tested it with numbers from a place that actually gave you amps per light.
https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/watts-to-amps-calculator/

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

Did you use a license plate bracket to mount the fuse panel?

OP
OP
DirtyLuke

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Sorry for such late replies. I'm a troglodyte who doesn't check my notifications on this forum.

1. Did you use the boot or add a new hole?
I used the boot on the passenger side. Small incision with an exacto knife, and pushed the 5V accessory power wire through. I also used the grommet on the driver door sill for the switch panel cable.

2. How or what did you use to fish?
The grace of God and my fingers. Not recommended. Use a coat hanger or a rod of some kind.

3. Can you share a pic of the fuse panel? I think itā€™s recommended to use spot 3 for accessory power?
I had originally installed a Viofo A119, so I used the constant-on and accessory power slots that are often recommended for that install - 3 for accessory, 20 for constant.
Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20230307_213451773

Would you mind giving me some information and/or photos on how you created the wiring for the switch to accessory power?
Since I already had add-a-fuses in for the dashcam, I just used clamping wire taps off those wires (red and yellow fuse tap wires in the picture, wrapped in white tape) and hooked them up to the 3-way toggle switch. Output wire from the switch goes out to the firewall boot, out of the right in the picture. It's uglier than the rest of the install... but whatever, it works and it's hidden.
Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20230307_213706016

Did you ever add any lights or accessories?
Yes. So far only ditch lights, but I plan to install a Spider or Yucca platform this year with a light bar and camp lights. Also a Midland radio.
Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20230307_214053624.MP

Did you use a license plate bracket to mount the fuse panel?
No. The bracket came with the Auxbeam relay kit. I used one existing fender bolt, and drilled a self taper for the other side.
Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20230307_215845682

Nice - now to track down the person who did the install šŸ˜
Denver.

Just 4 small ones.
Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam AR-800 Power/Relay Control System Install PXL_20230307_220159234
Sponsored

Last edited: