Anyone going big and oversized?

EMS Sam

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm traditionally 6in lift with 36's on my 2001 XJ....but I decided to be an adult and got a 2021 bronco sport for the family. Now my inner child wants to have fun with it. Since it is the slowest most non-offroad-worthy ride I've ever had I figured I'd make it a street tank. (I knew it wasn't an off-road vehicle when I bought it) Regardless, I do love the thing and want to have some fun building it up. All I have seen are minor lifts and bumpers. Is anyone putting on oversized wheels and trimming the fenders, or adding fender flares?

I have a spare set of 295/75R-16 tires with rims that I'm thinking about fitting the bronco sport with. I am sure that I will have to remove the fender well liner and trim the fenders.

Has anyone seen or have any pictures?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have a spare set of 295/75R-16 tires with rims that I'm thinking about fitting the bronco sport with. I am sure that I will have to remove the fender well liner and trim the fenders.
Keep in mind this is not a body-on-frame vehicle; it's a unibody. There are a lot of pinch welds in the wheel wells that are integral to the structure, which is designed to fail in specific ways in the event of a collision. Unless you know exactly what you're doing, cutting away welds can compromise structural integrity and/or change the way the structure deforms to protect the occupants.

I would approach this very cautiously for a vehicle I plan to haul kids around in.

Last edited:

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
I'm traditionally 6in lift with 36's on my 2001 XJ....but I decided to be an adult and got a 2021 bronco sport for the family. Now my inner child wants to have fun with it. Since it is the slowest most non-offroad-worthy ride I've ever had I figured I'd make it a street tank. (I knew it wasn't an off-road vehicle when I bought it) Regardless, I do love the thing and want to have some fun building it up. All I have seen are minor lifts and bumpers. Is anyone putting on oversized wheels and trimming the fenders, or adding fender flares?

Pretty sure you won’t have a fender flare left.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Idk this isn’t much of a family vehicle lol I have 3 kids and 1 on the way and had to trade my other vehicle in for a Pathfinder. It’s pretty damn small in the backseat and there isn’t much cargo roomed Sounds like you should have got a big bronco or 4 runner lol. This is more of a daily driver with a little bit of off road capability added to live up to the name on the front.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Truthfully, most of what you are talking about doing sounds like a waste, you must have time and money to throw away.

Last edited:

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

I put 245 KO2's on my BL and it noticeably decreased acceleration from a stop. I think you will be disappointed with the performance of the 1.5L with huge tires. Lots of other issues as well. I've used a quote from my old Grand Dad who was born in a dugout along the Chisholm Trail here before. "Ain't that kinda like puttin' a $40 saddle on a $20 dollar horse?"

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I see into the future,
I see a Bronco Sport getting destroyed in the garage.
Somebody has to go first.
Izzit going to be you, grasshopper?
:’P

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
I put 245 KO2's on my BL and it noticeably decreased acceleration from a stop. I think you will be disappointed with the performance of the 1.5L with huge tires. Lots of other issues as well. I've used a quote from my old Grand Dad who was born in a dugout along the Chisholm Trail here before. "Ain't that kinda like puttin' a $40 saddle on a $20 dollar horse?"
I’m thinking of putting 245s on my BL, I currently have the 235 falkens but love the look of the KO2s.
How bad was your acceleration decrease? Any rubbing issues?

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m thinking of putting 245s on my BL, I currently have the 235 falkens but love the look of the KO2s.
How bad was your acceleration decrease? Any rubbing issues?
No rubbing with 245 KO2's. I can live with the decrease in acceleration. You can compensate by just giving it more throttle and spooling up the turbo or using sport mode around town. They have a little road noise. It's a trade off. The KO2's don't handle as well on the road, nor are they as quiet ast the Falkens, but they provide a lot more traction off road.
Sponsored