All Terrain tire option on Big Bend

Finklejag

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I added the All Terrain Tire option on my Big Bend build. I don’t know if it was on here or some place else I read that they were going to be Continental All Terrain tires. I then assumed it was going to be the TerrainContact ones. After looking at the 2022’s on cars.com, I see Ford installed the new CrossContact ATR. For only a $250 option, the ATR ones will be fine but I would’ve chosen the TerrainContacts since they have 2mm more tread depth.
Ford Bronco Sport All Terrain tire option on Big Bend 7ECBE45C-39BB-4733-BE00-1C4131982EBF
Sponsored

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
OEM tires and Retail tires of the same brand and model are not the same (even when they look identical and are the exact same model). Retail version almost always are more superior and cost less. I know it don't make sense but that just how it is.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
OEM tires and Retail tires of the same brand and model are not the same (even when they look identical and are the exact same model). Retail version almost always are more superior and cost less. I know it don't make sense but that just how it is.
Auto manufacturers used to get patents on OE (original equipment) tires, so if you replace your tires with OE tires the car maker gets a taste. I don't know if they still do that, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I added the All Terrain Tire option on my Big Bend build. I don’t know if it was on here or some place else I read that they were going to be Continental All Terrain tires. I then assumed it was going to be the TerrainContact ones. After looking at the 2022’s on cars.com, I see Ford installed the new CrossContact ATR. For only a $250 option, the ATR ones will be fine but I would’ve chosen the TerrainContacts since they have 2mm more tread depth.
Ford Bronco Sport All Terrain tire option on Big Bend 7ECBE45C-39BB-4733-BE00-1C4131982EBF
I just looked on the build site and both options are all season tires only 17 or 18 inch wheels. Says nothing about all terrain option.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
The tread pattern on that looks similar to the Scorpion ATRs that are OE on Badlands.

OP
OP
Finklejag

Finklejag

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
If you click on "Details" it should list specifically what the tire is.
All it says is “All Terrain Tire”, not make and model.
Sponsored