Alarm/Security options

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My 22 Badlands is scheduled for production in 2 weeks. I live in the city and I park on the street. I do not have a driveway or garage, so there is no way around this. I have a great place and do not plan on moving for at least another 1-2 years. I'm on a quiet, low-traffic side street and have had no issues in the 3 years I've lived here. That being said, I still want maximum protection for my new vehicle, because quiet street or not, it's the city and crime exists.

I am considering this Ford Perimeter Plus system and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it to share. If you've used it, I'd love to hear about it.
Part #KN1Z19A361A

I'm really not concerned about it getting clipped; like I said it's a low speed, low traffic side street and only my neighbors (who I know) park on the block. I am most concerned with it being an unattractive target to would be thieves, i.e. it screams at someone if they mess with it.

The impetus for this is that the catalytic convertor was just stolen on my Jeep. And it happened in broad daylight, in a parking lot, while I was volunteering at the local animal shelter. So though my neighborhood is quiet, crap can happen literally anywhere.

I am also very open to aftermarket alarm systems if anyone has any good recommendations, and I welcome all security related advice. Thanks y'all!
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My 22 Badlands is scheduled for production in 2 weeks. I live in the city and I park on the street. I do not have a driveway or garage, so there is no way around this. I have a great place and do not plan on moving for at least another 1-2 years. I'm on a quiet, low-traffic side street and have had no issues in the 3 years I've lived here. That being said, I still want maximum protection for my new vehicle, because quiet street or not, it's the city and crime exists.

I am considering this Ford Perimeter Plus system and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it to share. If you've used it, I'd love to hear about it.
Part #KN1Z19A361A

I'm really not concerned about it getting clipped; like I said it's a low speed, low traffic side street and only my neighbors (who I know) park on the block. I am most concerned with it being an unattractive target to would be thieves, i.e. it screams at someone if they mess with it.

The impetus for this is that the catalytic convertor was just stolen on my Jeep. And it happened in broad daylight, in a parking lot, while I was volunteering at the local animal shelter. So though my neighborhood is quiet, crap can happen literally anywhere.

I am also very open to aftermarket alarm systems if anyone has any good recommendations, and I welcome all security related advice. Thanks y'all!
Get a train horn and hook it to the alarm... Nobody is sticking around at this volume!

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"

Part #KN1Z19A361A

If they want that Cat, they will get it. All 8 of our company vehicles had their cat's taken in a single theft as all 8 alarms were going off in a busy section of the city on a Sunday in broad daylight as all the stores were open.

OP
OP
CaptainCrud

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they want that Cat, they will get it. All 8 of our company vehicles had their cat's taken in a single theft as all 8 alarms were going off in a busy section of the city on a Sunday in broad daylight as all the stores were open.
Unfortunately the same thing happened at my buddy's place last month. It was overnight and they hit every single fleet van and truck. When I took my Jeep in to get fixed, my mechanic told me same thing happened to his grand Cherokee and he's way out in the burbs. Happens everywhere regrettably.

My only hope with the alarm is that it at least gives me a bit of a chance to do something. I park right in front of the house. If that alarm goes off it will be a race to see if they can cut the cat off before I get out the door with the shotgun.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Compustar is what I have used in the past for security. There are also DIY options for putting in a hidden kill switch in your car that bypasses the ignition and you can hide a relay that be activated by a use of a magnet to allow the car to start. Now I will say I haven’t attempted this on a car made in the last 20 years. May just take a bit of research but it works slick.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Part #KN1Z19A361A

Louder alarm does nothing. If you are worried about your cat try buying a CAT protection system. It is not perfect but the time it would take might send them elsewhere.

If you are worried about the whole vehicle, I recommend the following…I have had it on many vehicles in the past and left my jeep open air and never had a problem. This is akin to a kill switch but the installation is awesome and avoids someone finding a kill switch and going around it.

They used to have contests and invited everyone and anyone to try and steal the vehicle. Never could

https://www.ravelco.com/

OP
OP
CaptainCrud

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Louder alarm does nothing. If you are worried about your cat try buying a CAT protection system. It is not perfect but the time it would take might send them elsewhere.

If you are worried about the whole vehicle, I recommend the following…I have had it on many vehicles in the past and left my jeep open air and never had a problem. This is akin to a kill switch but the installation is awesome and avoids someone finding a kill switch and going around it.

They used to have contests and invited everyone and anyone to try and steal the vehicle. Never could

https://www.ravelco.com/
I'm not as worried about the whole vehicle being stolen, but I will definitely check out this ravelco system. Thanks for sharing that info.

I'm mostly worried about the cat or other things that can be removed from the vehicle. I never leave anything inside my car. But catalytic converter theft is out of control right now, so I will probably get some kind of cat protection. I still need to do some homework and find out which type is best suited to Bronco Sport. I know they aren't perfect and if they want it bad enough, they'll get it. I'm just hoping that alarm + cat protection means they will just go screw with someone else. There are tons of vehicles around. I just want to be a harder target than the next one.
Sponsored