After a good 250 mile drive today, some thoughts.

TinyCadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Volarie
guess I’m. Not sure what the differences are between lane keep and lane centering. Pictures of my current setup.
Ford Bronco Sport After a good 250 mile drive today, some thoughts. F9003DEA-85D2-4A60-8A26-B98C1BD0267B

Ford Bronco Sport After a good 250 mile drive today, some thoughts. 5A6697F4-AE68-4559-AFAF-FEBD7F2C9F26
I keep that on 'aid' without the alert, tested it out a couple of times & works pretty good. I find that it pushes you from the centerline & doesn't "bounce" you like a pinball that other systems seem to do. You still need to do the steering in the assist mode, in lane centering it will keep you in the center of the lane if it recognizes lane markings on both sides of the road. As long as you keep your hands on the wheel it will make the adjustments without your input (must be in adaptive cruise control to work).
Sponsored

CodeGR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
First, I’d say the sensitivity is too high. Ive not even been close enough to have to brake when the alert has triggered.
Are you not able to adjust the sensitivity of the forward collision detection? Or maybe you're already on the lowest setting? I can in my 2018 Edge.

That's incorrect about the lane assist. The lane centering does not require ACC. It is a setting that can be changed. I have the FE and so I don't have ACC and have my lane assist corrects and pulls me back into the lane if I go too far. Also you can turn down the sensitivity in that same menu :thumbsup:
There's a difference between lane centering and lane keeping assist. Lane centering keeps the steering wheel very firm so it's hard to even swerve around in the lane.

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Are you not able to adjust the sensitivity of the forward collision detection? Or maybe you're already on the lowest setting? I can in my 2018 Edge.

There's a difference between lane centering and lane keeping assist. Lane centering keeps the steering wheel very firm so it's hard to even swerve around in the lane.
I stand corrected :like:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Looking over your shoulder to change lanes... I gave that up when they started putting power mirrors on the passenger side that you could adjust properly to eliminate blind spots. :sunglasses:
Roger that, once adjusted I simply move my head fwd a bit to look into the remaining blind spots. I like the newer safety toys and considering all the distractions of these new cars I to will always rely on my skills.
Sponsored