Aeroskin installation

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
Is this installed correctly? Had the dealer install this today. I was surprised how tight this is glued to the top of the hood. All the previous bug deflectors/hood protectors I have installed on my other cars were attached from under the hood and sat above the top of the hood. The did not touch the top of the hood.
Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin installation Bronco Sport

Thanks
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is this installed correctly? Had the dealer install this today. I was surprised how tight this is glued to the top of the hood. All the previous bug deflectors/hood protectors I have installed on my other cars were attached from under the hood and sat above the top of the hood. The did not touch the top of the hood.
Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin installation Bronco Sport

Thanks
That's what mine looks like. I self-installed mine. I made a post about it if ya care to check it out. :)

OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I just hope over time with weather and washing, etc...it does not start to unglue from the hood. I love the way it looks but now concerned about long-term longevity. I guess I did not pay good attention. I thought it was like all my previous hood protectors, those you could always remove if you had too with no damage to the top of the hood.

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks, I just hope over time with weather and washing, etc...it does not start to unglue from the hood. I love the way it looks but now concerned about long-term longevity. I guess I did not pay good attention. I thought it was like all my previous hood protectors, those you could always remove if you had too with no damage to the top of the hood.
Well when I installed mine... I didn't do a good job with the glue AT ALL lol. Soooo mine is basically just on there with the adhesive tape. Still on nice and strong, haven't noticed any issues. Best believe if it becomes unadhered or any sort of issue occours I will make a post about it!! lol
Congrats on the new ride.
Oh and p.s. you are gonna see some hood shake at highway speeds. It can be a hot issue. The hood is aluminum so it doesn't bother me as I expect the flex, but I do know it really irks others. I don't judge though, everyone is wired different. :)

Reactions: Jrl
OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well when I installed mine... I didn't do a good job with the glue AT ALL lol. Soooo mine is basically just on there with the adhesive tape. Still on nice and strong, haven't noticed any issues. Best believe if it becomes unadhered or any sort of issue occours I will make a post about it!! lol
Congrats on the new ride.
Oh and p.s. you are gonna see some hood shake at highway speeds. It can be a hot issue. The hood is aluminum so it doesn't bother me as I expect the flex, but I do know it really irks others. I don't judge though, everyone is wired different. :)
I drove it home a couple hundred miles on the highway from where I bought it. Didnt notice anything of concern with the hood.

Thanks

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I see the slight flex in the hood when I drive mine. I think some people have way overplayed the flex. It’s very slight
Sponsored