AEROSKIN II deflectors are they worth it?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Seeing a lot of information on those who have them. My build is still pending, having options for what to use points on etc are the hood deflectors effective? I've seen a lot of images of windshield cracks, and I certainly hate bug splat. Question is, do the deflectors actually make a difference?
Sponsored

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
There are a couple of threads on them, some people love them some people seem to not. I have one on order direct from AVS so I’ll let you know once it’s on my BS.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
yeah but none of them address effectiveness. Some cover install, some about cost, I searched and came up with nothing.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
yeah but none of them address effectiveness. Some cover install, some about cost, I searched and came up with nothing.
If you travel on the expressway just imagine the amount of rock chips it will stop. If not then its probably a personal decision.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If you travel on the expressway just imagine the amount of rock chips it will stop. If not then its probably a personal decision.
understandable. I have driven on expressways with little or no issues, fortunately. I get the random debris. I guess I should restate it, do they help with windshield issues?

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Seeing a lot of information on those who have them. My build is still pending, having options for what to use points on etc are the hood deflectors effective? I've seen a lot of images of windshield cracks, and I certainly hate bug splat. Question is, do the deflectors actually make a difference?
I drove my BL for 3 weeks and the bugs on the windshield was driving me nuts as I was refilling my washer fluid . Have had the aeroskin 2 for a few weeks now.......its night and day. I have minimal bug splat now ????
And the rear bumper protector helps when loading and unloading

Ford Bronco Sport AEROSKIN II deflectors are they worth it? 20210425_143429

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I drove my BL for 3 weeks and the bugs on the windshield was driving me nuts as I was refilling my washer fluid . Have had the aeroskin 2 for a few weeks now.......its night and day. I have minimal bug splat now ????
And the rear bumper protector helps when loading and unloading

Ford Bronco Sport AEROSKIN II deflectors are they worth it? 20210425_143429
Hmmm...good to know. My usual work commute this isn't even an issue. But highway, and I plan to travel much more with the sport...that's good info. Thank you.

Hucci

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I will be purchasing one, bugs are a nightmare in Florida and already chipped the paint on the small incline right before the hood flattens, prob a rock or something. Not even a month old :(

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I will be purchasing one, bugs are a nightmare in Florida and already chipped the paint on the small incline right before the hood flattens, prob a rock or something. Not even a month old :(
Someone needs to make a bra for this bronco.

ALC

Outer Banks
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 Escape, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I have used, for several years Auto Vent Shades AreoSkin's on, F150, Explorers, Escapes, new Rangers, and Honda's. They make two styles for the Bronco Sport. The original Areoskin (chrome and smoke), and the new Areoskin II. I like them just for stone protection. The only problem is that is a lot of black on front of hood. I just received my Aeroskin I, for my carbonized gray OB, will trial fit to see if I like it. If you can tolerate the look, they are a great product. They have always used 3M auto tape to fasten.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I have used, for several years Auto Vent Shades AreoSkin's on, F150, Explorers, Escapes, new Rangers, and Honda's. They make two styles for the Bronco Sport. The original Areoskin (chrome and smoke), and the new Areoskin II. I like them just for stone protection. The only problem is that is a lot of black on front of hood. I just received my Aeroskin I, for my carbonized gray OB, will trial fit to see if I like it. If you can tolerate the look, they are a great product. They have always used 3M auto tape to fasten.
I thought it did not look to bad,sort of goes with the other trim pieces
Ford Bronco Sport AEROSKIN II deflectors are they worth it? 348EE0D5-AA04-4D74-8013-6FF5F9F0ABE1

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I have cactus gray BB and liked the look of JRL’s so after suffering a rock chip in first week I decided to get one with my Ford Pass points. Called a local dealer who said he didn’t have one and checking on-line he didn’t see that anybody else in the area did either. Are these that hard to come by?
tried Levittown Ford for the Aeroskin and the rear bumper protecter both of which they seemed to have with a 19% or so discount but the shipping was $83! Do they at least accept the pass points as a Ford dealer?
Sponsored