JoeC

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend with 1100 miles. I have had my Bronco Sport in the dealership 3 times for the same issue. That issue is: The check charging system comes on and the the Start/Stop will not work. The first time I took it in they checked the battery and told me the battery was low. They then charged the battery and told me everything was fixed. I left the dealership and 1 day later the check charging system came back on. The start/stop never has worked again. The dealership service man told me that that there could be a 100 reasons why the start/stop does not work. So now, I took my Bronco back to the dealership to have the check charging system fixed. They kept my Bronco for 8 days and on the 8th day they called and told me that my Bronco was ready and fixed. When I got there they pulled my Bronco around and told me everything was fixed including the start/stop. I pulled out of the dealership (RICART Ford) lot and drove about 2 miles and the start/stop NEVER DID WORK. So, I went back to the dealership and told them. They took my Bronco and told me that they forgot to reprogram the NEW ALTERNATOR that they replaced during the 8 days. So, they took my Bronco and told me it would only take 20 minutes to reprogram the alternator. Twenty minutes later they brought my Bronco back out and told me that everything was fixed, however it would take up to 8 hours for the start / stop to start working. I knew this was ā€˜BSā€™ from the service man. I dove off of the dealership lot again, hoping everything was fixed and he was telling the truth. Well on my way home, 10 minutes into my drive home the check charging system came on again. So, I called the dealership and they told me to bring it back in on Monday, January 2, 2023. Today, December 31st; as I was driving to my mothers to watch football (about 7 miles) my whole dash and panel went blank. This has never happened before. So, I do not know if this is a new issue or a continuous one of the charging system. If there is anyone having the same issue and you have found the reason for these problems, please let me know so I can tell my dealership (Ricart Ford) when I take my Bronco there on Monday. My BRONCO ONLY HAS 1100 miles on it. This is sad! My Bronco has been in the service department being repaired more than me driving it. I do not want to drive a rental car around, especially while I am paying payments on my Bronco. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've had the same issues, but without the check charging system message.

As I replied in some other posts that you are apart of, I would have the dealer test the battery to make sure it's not the problem as it was in my case.
My dealer initially told me everything is fine just like your dealer told you.

If you have a multimeter you can check the battery voltage yourself, make sure you check the resting voltage, if it's not 12.6 or very close to that, the battery is bad.

If you dont have a multimeter you can go to most any chain auto parts store and they will check the battery for free.

The good thing is your BS is still under warranty, hopefully they will sort it out soon.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
agreeā€¦ Iā€™d check the battery. My coworkers 22 Tundra was doing the same thing last month. Had them running in circles. Bad battery the whole time. Went to Costco and put a new battery in it. Solved
sometimes the charging system needs a good battery.. to charge the battery.

But the dealers just suck nowadays. Take it to another dealer if you can. That BS with your BS is unacceptable.

OP
OP

JoeC

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I had the battery tested and it tested at 12.58. So, the battery is good. Today, as I drive the Bronco Sport the whole dashboard goes blank. I cannot read anythin.

OP
OP

JoeC

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I've had the same issues, but without the check charging system message.

As I replied in some other posts that you are apart of, I would have the dealer test the battery to make sure it's not the problem as it was in my case.
My dealer initially told me everything is fine just like your dealer told you.

If you have a multimeter you can check the battery voltage yourself, make sure you check the resting voltage, if it's not 12.6 or very close to that, the battery is bad.

If you dont have a multimeter you can go to most any chain auto parts store and they will check the battery for free.

The good thing is your BS is still under warranty, hopefully they will sort it out soon.
Battery reads 12.58. So, battery is good. Today as I drive the Bronco Sport the whole dashboard goes out and I cannot read/see anythin.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I had the battery tested and it tested at 12.58. So, the battery is good. Today, as I drive the Bronco Sport the whole dashboard goes blank. I cannot read anythin.
Do you know the full testing that was done? May still be a bad battery but need to know exactly what tests were run. (Definitely could be a different problem but not clear yet).

OP
OP

JoeC

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Do you know the full testing that was done? May still be a bad battery but need to know exactly what tests were run. (Definitely could be a different problem but not clear yet).
They just used a Voltage meter and tested the Voltage. The bronco was not running.

OP
OP

JoeC

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
They just used a Voltage meter and tested the Voltage. The bronco was not running

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
They just used a Voltage meter and tested the Voltage. The bronco was not running
Unfortunately thatā€™s not close to the comprehensive test that the battery and charging system needs. You can Google this or just make sure the dealership does extensive testing.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend with 1100 miles. I have had my Bronco Sport in the dealership 3 times for the same issue. That issue is: The check charging system comes on and the the Start/Stop will not work. The first time I took it in they checked the battery and told me the battery was low. They then charged the battery and told me everything was fixed. I left the dealership and 1 day later the check charging system came back on. The start/stop never has worked again. The dealership service man told me that that there could be a 100 reasons why the start/stop does not work. So now, I took my Bronco back to the dealership to have the check charging system fixed. They kept my Bronco for 8 days and on the 8th day they called and told me that my Bronco was ready and fixed. When I got there they pulled my Bronco around and told me everything was fixed including the start/stop. I pulled out of the dealership (RICART Ford) lot and drove about 2 miles and the start/stop NEVER DID WORK. So, I went back to the dealership and told them. They took my Bronco and told me that they forgot to reprogram the NEW ALTERNATOR that they replaced during the 8 days. So, they took my Bronco and told me it would only take 20 minutes to reprogram the alternator. Twenty minutes later they brought my Bronco back out and told me that everything was fixed, however it would take up to 8 hours for the start / stop to start working. I knew this was ā€˜BSā€™ from the service man. I dove off of the dealership lot again, hoping everything was fixed and he was telling the truth. Well on my way home, 10 minutes into my drive home the check charging system came on again. So, I called the dealership and they told me to bring it back in on Monday, January 2, 2023. Today, December 31st; as I was driving to my mothers to watch football (about 7 miles) my whole dash and panel went blank. This has never happened before. So, I do not know if this is a new issue or a continuous one of the charging system. If there is anyone having the same issue and you have found the reason for these problems, please let me know so I can tell my dealership (Ricart Ford) when I take my Bronco there on Monday. My BRONCO ONLY HAS 1100 miles on it. This is sad! My Bronco has been in the service department being repaired more than me driving it. I do not want to drive a rental car around, especially while I am paying payments on my Bronco. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Hello there. I'd like to take a look at your start/stop concerns on my end. To get started can you please send over a private message with your VIN?
Sponsored