Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
I’m sick of people saying this is a Jeep Renegade competitor. It’s definitely a Jeep Compass Rival.
or am I missing something???
Renegade vs Ecosport
Compass vs Bronco Sport
Cherokee vs Escape
Grand Cherokee vs Edge
Durango vs Explorer
Wrangler vs Bronco
Wagoneer vs Expedition

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle 976D6193-D20C-48C5-8AAE-0C3CBDB6A187
The standard 2WD Renegade was never a Bronco Sport competitor. The 4WD Trailhawk Renegade certainly will be. It is not necessarily a tail of the tape. Off-road chops also come into play. Even so, the Renegade and Compass are based on the same FCA platform. They have the same passenger interior volume. 100 CF for both. 4% smaller than the Escape at 104 CF. Close enough to be in the same class by the EPA. I would expect that the Bronco Sport will have similar passenger volume as the Escape, but we do not know this.

The dimensions you guesstimate for length, width, height, CW of the Bronco Sport are likely off. Leg room or cargo room for the Bronco Sport? SWAGs at best. The Bronco Sport should also compare to 4WD data for other vehicles as it appears that the Bronco Sport will be 4WD only. This is not confirmed, but highly likely due to the intended customer and the order data that was leaked. Tire data should also be based on AT tires.

CW of a Rengade and Compass Trailhawks? 3532 and 3633 lbs. Trailhawk tire size is 215/65-17. Pretty close to the Bronco Sport.

Finally, the Ecosport is a really small vehicle and is not comparable to any. 91 CF passenger room. 9% less than the Renegade.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape, '09 Mercury Mariner, '17 Suzuki V-Strom 650, '80 Kawasaki KZ750 (Bought new)
Last edited: