lordwally

Big Bend
First Name
wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
How noticeable is 1.5 and 2 inches lift on your BS. I got a Big Bend,park beside a Badland who they has a 1.5 lift factory installed when ordered and did not see much difference.Also we have same tire size 135/65/17. I am interested in putting lift,should I wait until when there would taller lift available?
Sponsored

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Any more than that and you'll be putting too much stress on the CV joints (without dropping the carrier(s)). Cheers!

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
lordwally:

I've got a Badlands, and I put on the Ford Ranger Lift for it at 1.75".

In my opinion it was a noticeable difference. That said I think I have an unhealthy relationship with my car.

Anyway, it significantly changed the profile of the vehicle. It now appears much more blocky, like the difference in leavened and unleavened bread.

Aside from that the lift kit significantly improved the ride quality as well. I don't know that I have logic behind that one, but it seems to handle the road much more elegantly than it did before.

I don't have the clearance of a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, they still have a significant height advantage on me, but I think I ride higher than most stock Jeeps south of that.

I totally respect HRG and the stuff they've done, but I have to say I would definitely do my Ford Ranger Lifts lift kit again. Liked them so much I've ordered their nudge bar.

Anyway, that is my two cents.

Happy Trails,

RR

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
lordwally:
That said I think I have an unhealthy relationship with my car.
The first step in dealing with a problem is acknowledging its existence. Good luck, Rodney. You know you can post here anytime if you think it will help...

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a Badlands with stock suspension but with 245/65/17 tires, and if I come up on a BS base model, Outer Banks or Big Bend it seems like I tower over them even though the height difference is probably less than 2 inches. It's the perspective that makes the most difference.

Last edited:

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Mines lifted and did tires and still looks barely higher than a stock one. The BS is probably the least noticeable lifted vehicle.
No one ever needed to ask if my truck or Jeeps were lifted.
Because even lifted you’re stuck with tiny tires on the BS.
Hell even the newer Subarus by me run bigger lift and tires tires than the BL can run. There’s a ton of lifted Subarus here.

I parked next to guy in wilderness forester today at gas station with 2” lift and tires. Had more ground clearance than I did and and was running the same 245/65/17 I was.
The BL should’ve shipped with 245/65/17 as the stock size and been able to stuff a 31.5” in there with a lift. I mean the big broncos you can stuff 37s on damn near stock and factory size are around 29”.
You can fit 30s on a crosstrek. And those are tiny.
Sponsored