Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Dtech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
@Dtech @Elegance @Meanderthal Did you 3 get the email from Ford today also? Regarding the supply chain and reaching out every 45 days.
Not an email but I texted with my sales guy today and he said he actually spoke with Ford directly and they told him that they are not just having parts issues, evidently they are having labor issues as well. This is all very frustrating and other folks being told now via email that they are going to reach out every 45 days is complete nonsense. Just come clean with your customers and tell them the truth! Maybe I’m just venting because it’s been a tough week all the way around with some other things too, but It sure feels like Ford wants folks to cancel their orders or for customers to leave their orders for dealers to take advantage of when they eventually come in. Offering folks an incentive to order a car only to turn around and string them along for months is a very poor and deceptive business practice and makes matters that much worse. While I’m not canceling my order, I am now going to seriously consider some other alternatives and possibly will be placing a backup order for another brand vehicle so I have additional options. I’m not giving up my price protected X plan Bronco Sport order though. I’m going to make them deliver. If they are not careful, they will lose a lot of current and future customers over all this too. And this is coming from a long time Ford fan and multiple Ford vehicle owner since 1991.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Not an email but I texted with my sales guy today and he said he actually spoke with Ford directly and they told him that they are not just having parts issues, evidently they are having labor issues as well. This is all very frustrating and other folks being told now via email that they are going to reach out every 45 days is complete nonsense. Just come clean with your customers and tell them the truth! Maybe I’m just venting because it’s been a tough week all the way around with some other things too, but It sure feels like Ford wants folks to cancel their orders or for customers to leave their orders for dealers to take advantage of when they eventually come in. Offering folks an incentive to order a car only to turn around and string them along for months is a very poor and deceptive business practice and makes matters that much worse. While I’m not canceling my order, I am now going to seriously consider some other alternatives and possibly will be placing a backup order for another brand vehicle so I have additional options. I’m not giving up my price protected X plan Bronco Sport order though. I’m going to make them deliver. If they are not careful, they will lose a lot of current and future customers over all this too. And this is coming from a long time Ford fan and multiple Ford vehicle owner since 1991.
I hear your frustration and I am with you. The whole process has been very draining and the email we got yesterday feels like they're just ticking boxes to keep us hanging.

But Ford cannot control the parts shortages. They cannot control the labor shortages. If they were able to, they'd be pumping vehicles off the line as quickly as possible to get them into our hands and make that money. I was told this would be a 6-8 month wait by my dealer. I bought a Big Bend to hold me over which it turns out, will be worth far more than I paid when my Badlands does arrive. Might be worth it for you to do the same and grab a different Sport off a lot somewhere. If you can manage to find a Badlands, even without your ideal color and packages, they're trading and reselling for even more.

We're all being strung along through the same process and this community is a great outlet to vent our frustrations. But I'm telling you, what's happening is out of Ford's control, and this vehicle is 100% worth it. Whoever buys my Big Bend after me will be getting a vehicle that I have loved dearly. I know the Badlands will be worth all this hassle.

Dtech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I absolutely understand that certain things are out of Ford corporate’s control but then they need to take supply chain and labor issues into consideration when offering incentives and enticing people to order vehicles. I had the opportunity to buy a Badlands equipped mostly the way I wanted and in an acceptable color and didn’t because of the order incentive and to get exactly what I wanted. If the dealer or Ford would have been openly advertising/advising that orders could take 6 to 8 months like Elegance was told above, I guaranty there wouldn’t be so many frustrated people wondering when their car is going to be delivered or even to start being produced, because they wouldn’t have placed their order to begin with. Also, my dealer did tell me when ordering that the premium package might make the build take a little longer but that it was still expected to be delivered in around 12 weeks or so or maybe a little longer. Also, when you sell your vehicle with the expectations a manufacturer can deliver a vehicle in a reasonable amount of time, it makes it sting that much more. My dealer currently has multiple base models either on the lot or on order/in transit and a couple of Big Bend / Outer Banks models in transit as well but no Badlands. The same for a different Ford dealer in the area as well that has a little less inventory in general. I’m not taking a gamble that the car market is going to hold out and invest any money in a base model that is typically not a desirable model in the grand scheme of things, especially if Ford is going to pump out bases models because they can, only to get left holding the bag with the uncertainty of when the Badlands will ever show up and then getting stuck with a car I didn’t really want or taking a big hit in depreciation to get rid of it, especially at current prices. I’m definitely looking at other options this weekend but will leave my price protected Badlands order in place to see how things continue to develop.

Last edited:

anniem

Badlands
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I was told 4 - 6 months by my dealer, but I'm expecting 9 months now after that email I received yesterday.

That's unfortunate about the labor issues, in addition to the commodity constraints.
I definitely expected delays in July due to the shutdown, but now I'm thinking I'll either ne one of the last builds of 22 or get moved to a 23 model. We'll see.

I've been taking public transit for over 10 years so it's not a huge deal for me, but I was definitely hoping I'd get lucky with a fast build lol. Apparently not. It also gives me time to save up a larger deposit, as I don't have a vehicle to trade in.

Dtech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
While I mentioned that I understand that certain things are out of Ford’s control it appears that it was unfortunately also of their own doing from what some other sources are reporting:

“Auto manufacturers canceled semiconductor orders in the early stages of the coronavirus pandemic. Once the economy started to improve, getting access to those materials proved exceedingly difficult because they were already allocated to consumer electronics by overseas chip suppliers.”

So instead of maybe reducing their orders and still having some inventory to sell going forward, many manufacturers took the extreme approach and made the wrong decision, especially considering how dependent and addicted they seem to be to “Just In Time” sourcing and production which only works when everything is working perfectly in synch at every level of production and logistics which is rarely the case even in the best of times.

For the last few years we have also had a steady stream of baby boomers retiring which doesn’t change the number of consumers but has impacted the available workforce and is part of the low unemployment equation currently going on too. Unfortunately low unemployment doesn’t mean we have an ideal workforce situation when you still have a level of consumers that was being served by a larger, more experienced workforce. But I digress and am getting into the weeds with the broader economic discussion.

Just another quick aside, if they are having trouble sourcing chips for internal combustion builds, it does not bode well for sourcing them for the even that much more chip / electronics dependent and intensive electric and hybrid vehicles.

Please know that I’m not directing my frustrations or replies at any of the other members here and am just venting and participating in the reality of the moment. There are a lot of great folks here and I do enjoy being part of the forum and all the great sharing and interaction that takes place. 🙂

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Bronco Sport still has something like 3.5 months of production before the model year changeover, and they aren't taking any more orders, so there's still plenty of time for units to be scheduled.

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husband’s F-150
was supposed to be week of 4th of July after changing 4-5times, got an email last week saying week of 27th and today it shows built awaiting delivery. It’s about freaking time, I don’t even know if I can afford it anymore the way the economy is going, they are going to screw me on my trade I’m worried shitless!!!
Don’t trade, sell. I got $3500 over KBB from CarMax for mine. The country is desperate for used cars.

CyberFord

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well, ain't this a kick. I got a call from my dealer and my Bronco Sport came in with the shipment today. I guess they were as surprised as I was when it cam in. Should drive it home Wednesday.
That's great to hear, I wish I would hear the same