Raff Catalan

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Guys that is in Brazil, they have a different name, should be the Badlands in our side...
Tks, i'm continue recording videos follow my channel. This is the most complete model of the models that exist in the USA, here in Brazil it is called Bronco Sport Wildtrak (I removed this emblem) It is totally original, including the tyres.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raff Catalan

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Finally a BS playing where Jeeps dare !
Cool videos,,,
Tks, i'm continue recording videos follow my channel. In case had Troller (similar to mini Wrangler of Ford), GM Tracker, Suzuki Vitara and others. But, original Jeep never will road with a Bronco like that.

OP
OP
Raff Catalan

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Also, it's a base sport so not as well equipped for that intense of off roading.
Tks, follow my channel. And yes it was intense off road, I wanted to test the capacity and durability of the car and still understand what I needed to equip.

Reactions: Jrl
OP
OP
Raff Catalan

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
This BS has tow hooks, which suggest that it's a Badlands. But you are right, I don't see any badges on the sides either.
In Brazil it is called Bronco Sport Wildtrak (I removed this emblem).

OP
OP
Raff Catalan

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
A lot of questions. What tires and wheels were you running?
Did you have it in rock crawl with rear diff locked When needed? That’ was a lot of dirt flying off the wheels.
How skilled were your spotters?
That seems like a lot of tearing in the front for a vehicle with good approach angles so I am curious how you did so much damage and also needed a strap tow?
- Many questions. What tires and wheels were you using?

I was using the original Scorpion tires, and I still made a mistake of being with it at 35psi, I should have been at 24psi but it was really good even with that mistake.

- Did you have it on rock crawl with rear diff locked when needed? It was a lot of dirt flying off the wheels.

Yes, I only used rock crawl. I didn't use the reduced lock. This mode is awesome and behaves very well.

- How skilled were your observers?

Very skilled, they have off road courses and are very careful not to damage their car. Having an observer made all the difference so I didn't fall into any deep holes or damage my car.

This looks very difficult from the front for a vehicle with good approach angles, so I'm curious how you caused so much damage and also needed a strap tow?

The damage was caused by the depth of the trail, you have to be careful with the front bumper and the front of the wheel boxes as there are many components and the plastic is very weak, in the third video I show a project of a protection for this. ..

I needed a tow because there was no room to maneuver or sway up a mountain of loose rocks, on a second chance the Bronco would climb without a hitch. We lacked speed and in order not to damage the car during the maneuver, we preferred to tow, but without great efforts...

OP
OP
Raff Catalan

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
To be honest the bottom of the Sport is not built very well for off roading. It has a ton of plastic and fabric underneath.

This guy was also driving it very hard. He was driving up really deep dusty dry trails. No matter what you're driving you're going to get a lot of wheelspin. The Sport also lacks low range, which is what you need for those kinds of hills. What he needed tow strap for was was really steep and slippery.

EDIT: It looks like he's got those pirelli scorpions on there which are not good off-road tires.

Out of curiosity did the all-wheel drive overheat while you were doing that?
- To be honest, the bottom of the Sport isn't very well built for off-roading. There's a ton of plastic and fabric underneath.

I agree with you, it's very fragile in the undercarriage and this fabric covering serious components shouldn't even be there, we need more protection.

I wanted to test it on a tougher off road to understand the car's capability. The trails were really deep...

- EDIT: It looks like he has those pirelli scorpions in there that aren't good off-road tires.

Yes, I had original tires and 35psi, I should have 25psi...

- Out of curiosity, did the all-wheel drive overheat while you were doing this?

I didn't physically observe but didn't receive any alerts on the dashboard.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Great videos ! That looked fun , I also liked your damage Video , I can see why they call them Bash Plates & not Skid plates , though they did there job . I agree , with the Fuel components on the Drivers side , there should be Bash Plates to protect them , nothing on the Passenger side , not even Coolant lines for the Rear Clutch system & thats why the BS BL has one on the Drivers side .Though us lower trims have the under body panels on both side , because we are lower trims LOL. All BS models should have a Skid Plate on the Drivers side , period .

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I took the Bronco Sport out of the garage and went out with the family to test its capacity by accompanying jeeps prepared on the 1st off road that I participated with him in Brazil!

• 1st off road with my Bronco Sport accompanying prepared jeeps

• Without cuts! Bronco Sport in the 5 best moments of the 1st off road

• Damages and changes to my Bronco Sport after the 1st off road

Great video!

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Also, it's a base sport so not as well equipped for that intense of off roading.
looks like a badlands? skid plate up front ..... and there was a tow strap involved so i'm guessing badlands??? south america so maybe different options?

either way, good for you. i love to see people hit the dirt with their bronco sports!!!! great vids!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
looks like a badlands? skid plate up front ..... and there was a tow strap involved so i'm guessing badlands??? south america so maybe different options?

either way, good for you. i love to see people hit the dirt with their bronco sports!!!! great vids!
IT is a Bronco Sport Wildtrack. The wild track is equivalent to the Badlands and is the only trim in Brazil.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Question. I wonder if he had used trail control with a low speed it would have done better. I saw some Ford review materials where they showed the TC used uphill with the rear locker and 4 locked and it went smooth. They said it was loose and 19 to 25 degree hill.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Very impressive especially considering the car, despite the tech, really isn’t designed for off road. The lack of sufficient protection, plastic bumpers, and clearance let down a pretty great machine.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Question. I wonder if he had used trail control with a low speed it would have done better. I saw some Ford review materials where they showed the TC used uphill with the rear locker and 4 locked and it went smooth. They said it was loose and 19 to 25 degree hill.
He's mostly being let down by those scorpions. I guarantee you Ford did all their testing with the Wildpeaks.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
He's mostly being let down by those scorpions. I guarantee you Ford did all their testing with the Wildpeaks.
Agree. First thing I did was upgrade the tires with my order.
Sponsored